#1 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hi everyone

After being on this site for a while now, I thought it was about time I created my own project page.
It a 1992 mini sprite which I have had since I was 18. When I entered the mini scene I really liked the sport-pack look so made the car to look like it with 13inch wheels, sport-pack arches and a lick of paint it was ready to hit the road. After a few years the rust was starting to creep back.

The body shell is 0.k with a few sign of rust here and there. My first thought was to rebuild the engine and turbo charge it. But for around the same price a turbo build would be I could have a Pro-motive subframe, the lure was too strong.

Posted Image

This is what is currently looks like

Edited by miniadventure, 28 February 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#2 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Whhhhhhoooooooo went up to see Phil and gave him my subframe. So got about six weeks to get the body sorted and all the suspension painted and ready for re-fitment.

Out with the old a-series and in with the new. My R1 engine in all its glory it’s a 5JJ only done 6500 miles, came with the wiring loom and clocks. Hopefully it will start first time when fitted.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by miniadventure, 28 February 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#3 dougie1142

dougie1142

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: I.M.O.G

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Wow, looks brilliant. How old are you now and got any idea on Insurance? (i know it'll be completely different from mine)

Would love to do this in the future, proper weapon! will be following it..

#4 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

Picked up my subframe, looks like a good bit of kit. Got some things to do to the engine before i can get it fitted though.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 crispy

crispy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Hi there,

I've always been curious what type of unit ProMotive kits use for the diff holder, you wouldn't happen to know what brand it is, would you?

Thanks,
~Chris

#6 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

The bottom bit is the back of a mini dif and the other half which is the top bit is made by promotive thamselfs

#7 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

just waiting on my barnett clutch to come before i am going to fit the engine to the frame. So benn painting my suspenstion and driveshafts in the meantime.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by miniadventure, 03 March 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#8 miniblade81

miniblade81

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

talk about a passion but brushing teeth and working on minis bit extreme lol

#9 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

talk about a passion but brushing teeth and working on minis bit extreme lol

lol, it was there to keep the other side off the floor

#10 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

Assembled rear brakes and attached them to KAD rear radius arms and painted rear minifins.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Had to re-paint the exhaust as when i got it from mini sport it had quit a lot of rust on it.

Posted Image

Plan is to finish the rear subframe by the middle of next week

#11 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

first time I've seen the reverse box in a frame - got mine coming soon hopefully :)

good luck with it all - you'll love it when its finished :thumbsup:

#12 miniblade81

miniblade81

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

love them kad arms bit out off my league tho that little bit of waiting time between puting stuff togethers gets me down lol at lease itll look nice and shiney when together what colour body you going for

#13 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

yea i think its a good edition to the kit, pulll the leaver and whitch craft happens and am able to go it reverse.

Got the arms agesssss ago just never used them, got most of the stuff i need as i brought over time. I know wht you mean about wating, it paining everything that gets me just to stop it from rusting. spray one coat and got to wait a few hours for it to dry before you can get another coat on.

not quite sure about te colour of the body yet. I have no experience at it, i can rub panels down and get rid of rust but to replace a panel i wouldnt know where to start.

#14 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

yea i think its a good edition to the kit, pulll the leaver and whitch craft happens and am able to go it reverse.

Got the arms agesssss ago just never used them, got most of the stuff i need as i brought over time. I know wht you mean about wating, it paining everything that gets me just to stop it from rusting. spray one coat and got to wait a few hours for it to dry before you can get another coat on.

not quite sure about te colour of the body yet. I have no experience at it, i can rub panels down and get rid of rust but to replace a panel i wouldnt know where to start.

hi mate i just looked at your profile and noticed you 22 im 21 myself and was just wondering if you have enquired into insurance yet and what prices have youu been getting? cheers

#15 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

I'm loving those radius arms!

I'm looking forward to seeing this project progress :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users