#1 CaptainBland08

CaptainBland08

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

hey,

i know for a fact that minimad69 will back me up on this and im guessing a few other...

http://www.minisport...SPDSP680FR.html

these engine mounts are utter pants. when fitted the flex far too much causeing loads of gearbox movment, so ALOT of extra gearbox steadies are nessesary...

the final straw with mine today was that the steel pin that goes through them to secure them in place snapped into three peices... two of which must be in the road somewhere now...

they are not good at all... yes they make taking the engine in and out pretty easy, but i would much rarther stick with standard ones now if im honest.

Chris

#2 CaptainBland08

CaptainBland08

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

by the way... im not targetting minisport ones in particular... just these type of mounts in general... mine were the orange polyflew ones...

#3 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

haha i had asked someone on their project thread cus i was considering a pair but was told not to, i saw a pair on ebay not long ago that was poly except it was solid and the nuts where welded on so only the bolts had to come out, unfortunately they havent been reposted :) quite depressed lol but the snapping sounds about right, the pins arent substantial enough to cope with the stress and strains ot the engine moving about too much, if they where rubber the pins could cope easily lol

#4 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

I'll agree with you, they are puny and I found getting the pins out so damned fiddly I think it is quicker just to undo the bolts!

#5 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

They make the engine easy to take out yes. Thats because they dont even hold it in, in the first place!!!!!

Utter crap, my exhaust would fall off, gear linkage would wobble.

My engine shifted in the engine bay so much a driveshaft fell out!!!!!!!!

I got mine from ebay, but they all seem the same. Mine are in the bin, I wouldn't give them away because didn't want anyone to have the same issues.

Utterly uselesss.

#6 ado15

ado15

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

These poly mounts must surely flex more than the rubber equivalents. The standard rubber engine mounts have steel containment for the rubber making it operate mostly in compression. The poly ones are just a lump of compliant plastic with no support. It will flex dramatically around the bolts.

The same can also be said of the subframe mounts in my opinion.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users