#1 Deceptacon

Deceptacon

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

Heya,
Recently my mini has had a lot of starting problems. The car will start with the choke fully pulled out, however, when I push the choke in so it revs at around 1200 rpm, so I can drive the car, when I push the accelerator, the revs rise a tiny amount, and then begin to fall. The car will probably stall if I fail to let off the accelerator. If I try and drive the car with the choke out, it either has no power when revving, or will cause a drop in revs when I accelerate. All these problems aren't there with teh choke in(99.9% of the time).

What could be casuing this?Is it possible the choke needs adjusting?The reason I think this is due to the fact that for the car to start with the choke, the choke must be pulled out to the absolute maximum, whereas before the car would start with jsut a little pull on the choke, no effort required. The car is running on twin HS2's (JCG conversion!)

Thanks in advance!

#2 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:12 PM

It deffo sounds like a set up problem. Can you see if the chokes are operating correctly at the carbs when someone else pulls the cable?

#3 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:17 PM

i seem to be having a simalar problem with mine.

i also have twin hs2's fitted, and im begining to think i will go back to single hs4. i will need to set them up again, ready for going on as i like the look of them better, i know mine is a fuel problem. and i think yours might be as well.

do you have a problem, when you reach about 85 with a fuel starvation feeling when your driving?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users