Photo

Wanted: 1275 Engine + Box, Bumpers, Molded Carpet, Black Dashboard, Seats + More.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LuckyThe1275

LuckyThe1275

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet part of one!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi all...

Need quite a few bits and bobs. Let me know what you've got.

Most importantly, I need a good 1275 engine, with gearbox... that won't cost the bloody earth! :closed: (may consider 1380)

Need:
a pair of bumpers,
black moulded carpet (1985 manual)
black/dark headlining
piano black dashboard?
any nice seats?
mk1 grill (without hole in top slat for bonnet release)
internal bonnet release
black door cards (any black ones)
interior handle set
front and rear seals... + black/chrome fillet. (if you have spare/laying around)
sportspack/other wide arches, for 13x7's.

Maybe:
boot lining kit?
good solid pair of doors maybe?
13x7 ultra/superlights with gold centres? (with tyres/tyre-less)
13x7 alleycats?
quickshift?
hi-lo's?

Text me on 07808730721, or PM me. State your price, and location, and any other details.

Need to buy some bits and get my Mini sorted!

Thanks alot!

Matt

#2 James patterson163

James patterson163

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hi all...

Most importantly, I need a good 1275 engine, with gearbox... that won't cost the bloody earth! :) (may consider 1380)

<you>Need:</you>
a pair of bumpers,
black/dark headlining
piano black dashboard?
any nice seats?
internal bonnet release
interior handle set
front and rear seals... + black/chrome fillet. (if you have spare/laying around)

<you>Maybe:</you>
boot lining kit?
13x7 alleycats?
quickshift?
hi-lo's?

Text me on 07808730721, or PM me. State your price, and location, and any other details.

Thanks alot!

Matt

I have a Mini 1320 Engine with i think its a stage 3 head etc, High lift Cam, tough ride crank highly modified, it is out of my car with the head off, am open to offers.

#3 wzd345

wzd345

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Local Club: Miniresource

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hi

Just saw your post on engine and gearbox wanted. I have just spent 9 months getting together all the parts for a a top unit. Have just painted the head and block after the cold weather and now the car I had agreed to buy to fit it in has been sold to somebody else for more money. So, I have the power unit and no car.

Here is the full spec of what I have. Bought all this up over the last 9 mths and now the guy ratted on the deal.

Engine Spec

Block: 1275 A Plus, tanked, degreased, now oil bungs and coreplugs fitted, centre main bearing steel strap and new camshaft bearings fitted. Freshly bored and honed +60 to give capacity 1330 cc.

Block BMC Green.

Rods and Pistons: 1275 A Plus rods, degreased and fitted with new AE 1330 pistons and rings, new big end bearings.

Crankshaft: Degreased and reground -10 thou., new main bearings, good primary gear.

Flywheel: Very good used pre verto MED lightweight steel flywheel and matching backplate with clutch cover and new MG Metro clutch plate.

All new: Calver ST 130 camshaft, cam followers, oil pump, simplex gear and new IWIS simplex chain, complete set of gaskets for rebuild.

Water pump: New.

Carb: Very good SU HIF 44, mounted on Oselli Torquemaster inlet manifold with K&N Air filter.

Head: 12G940 sculped head, supplied originally by Minispares, Head is just back from Keith Calver after refurb, fitted new guides and springs and inlet tracts tidied up. New Payen head gasket.

Orig. spec of this head from Minispares website:- HEAD UNLEADED LARGE VALVE, 92on, NO BYPASS HOSE(+£55 /CHARGE) MSE4 - New Price: £529.62 exc vat, £622.30 inc vat.

Description
This specification of cylinder head, based on used core castings, is modified to current fast road style to maximise fast road and track day/weekend-warrior performance when used with fast road and road/rally camshaft specifications. That means optimised BHP and torque out-put through port shape and dimensions and valve throat shapes developed on airflow bench and dyno/rolling roads to work with the aforementioned camshaft types, along with suitable compression ratios given modern lead-free fuel specifications. Genuine Rover copper-beryllium lead-free exhaust seat inserts are fitted. Latest specification manganese-bronze valve guides are used along with the latest specification plasma-nitrided EN214N stainless steel (35.7mm inlet and 29.5mm exhaust) and 220lb (nominal at maximum valve lift) double valve springs to give a cylinder head capable of withstanding a maximum continual peak rpm limit of 8,000rpm and 0.500" actual valve lift. Suitable for auto-testing, hill-climbs and track day use. Combustion chambers are set at an average 21.4cc since most engines these will be used for will already be using an elevated compression ratio (CR) through either smaller capacity dished pistons and/or larger bore capacities, and their efficiency will boost dynamic CR considerably. 9-stud fitting as standard. This head has no by-pass hose adapter fitted. A surcharge for non-exchange purchase of £55 (+VAT in EU) applies. Heads supplied as exchange units must be in good re-workable condition with no cracks, in completely standard form (no modifications), and complete with valves, springs, top caps and collets

Gearbox: MG Metro DAM5626 gearbox, 3.44 final drive, fully rebuilt in all respects, fitted centre oil pickup, invoice/ jobsheet supplied for £490.

Misc: Transfer gear housing, wok, oil breather, filter housing, pushrods, all misc nuts bolts fittings to complete build.

All thats needed to complete this unit this is a fuel pump, rocker cover, distributor and rocker gear.

Price is £2500 STG for all the above, which is a good bit less than what I have paid for all this kit. may have an electric fuel pump and a couple of other bits also.

For £1200 you get a half engine form MED to similar spec.

Can deliver if needed.

Please let me know if its of interest to you.

Regards

Eamonn

Hi all...

Most importantly, I need a good 1275 engine, with gearbox... that won't cost the bloody earth! :) (may consider 1380)

<you>Need:</you>
a pair of bumpers,
black/dark headlining
piano black dashboard?
any nice seats?
internal bonnet release
interior handle set

<you>Maybe:</you>
boot lining kit?
13x7 alleycats?
quickshift?
hi-lo's?

Thanks alot!

Matt

I have a Mini 1320 Engine with i think its a stage 3 head etc, High lift Cam, tough ride crank highly modified, it is out of my car with the head off, am open to offers.

#4 shep_cobain

shep_cobain

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

I'm sorry to crash the thread but i need a 1275 engine and box aswell.

I can't start my own so sorry to hijack yours.

PM me if you are selling an engine i can put straight in my mini.

Thanks

#5 Minilegz888

Minilegz888

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Minijosh 92 has 1275 engines if this is of any use. he is based in ashford. if you go into for sale and then breaking. he is in there. hope this helps :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users