16 replies to this topic

#16 garethleesmith

garethleesmith

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

sorry but if you get a screwdriver and have a poke around im 100% definite there will be more than whats seem there, mine is a hell of a lot better condition than that but when you dig you find there not as good as they look, the floor will look good maybe but under the late soundproofing will lie absolute hell. as said cooper dosnt mean anything on late models really, id sooner have a solid mayfair. i wouldnt be happy to pay even 1500 for it. sorry its very harsh but it really is what i think. are you selling it because its too much to take on?

Nah im selling it cause the parents are movnig house, and i work in london and ive been given a bmw 120D M-sport for a company car, soo i have no were to store the mini i just took the mini to a restoration specilist, oselli in witney, and he has just been all over it, and its solid! honestly it is solid every were else i made sure of it because other wise i would pay for it all to be done any other area's that need doing soo hes booked in to have the doors and a-pan's done and then shes done and i will then try and find storage else were, we have a heated barn were we keep all the other minis in and all off them have been either sold to private collectors or gone to usa or out of the country as they were in as new condition and this was my run about,!, so he said the parts that need doing are the a-pan's and the doors thats it.. so she is now booked in to be done!!

#17 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

From another thread this evening....

Don't worry mate I'm selling one of my cooper sports on here with a small bit of rust on the doors w reg proper cooper sport I was told that With the 12 months mot and 6 months tax it's worth no more than £1500-£2000 I think it's a lode of crap people in here being dreamers hoping that were stupid an nieve to sell our cars stupidly cheap to them!! Hold out mate i bloody am and some one will buy it It a cracking mini buddy !!

And with this comment I believe this topic to be well and truely closed.

As one of the people who helped value your car I have no vested interest in a low valuation, you were simply asking way too much money for the car and that is why it didn't sell.

If you are so sure that your car is worth the £3750 that you want, put it on ebay at a 99p start no reserve auction and see what happens.

In my opinion you car was worth no more than £2500(on a very good day).

Hope this helps to clear things up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users