Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

Metro City X

Condition: [/b Good - usable!
Price: £300
TAX: SORN
MOT: August 2011

[DESCRIPTION OF ITEM]

Hi all,

End of an era :thumbsup: but i need to sell the Metro to fund new car and other projects. It's had its problems, but has done me well and ill be sad to see it go.

Basic specs:

1989 City X 2 door

MOT until August 2011, TAX until end of January, but can re-tax if reimbursed.

Running gear:

998cc engine, on around 60,000 and still pulls like a train. Has had an extensive clean so its pristine in the bay. Just had a new clutch arm and cable to combat loss of gears problem. Rest of it seems fairly original and bulletproof.

Recent battery.

Suspension could do with a pump up, i dont think there is much fluid left in there. Pretty low and bouny ride. Think previous owner removed some in search of 'lows' and i havent been able to find anyone equipped with a pump to help. (mate said he'd sort me out but got fed up of asking in the end and left it)

The rest of the underside looks good. Subframes etc all present and correct.

Has a barry-boy tailpipe welded on to look slightly cooler than the standard exhaust.

Recently had new disks and pads on the front. Rear drums rebuilt for last MOT.

Interior:

Was stripped out but ive put all the door cards back in, dash is standard, boot has a floor mat but the side panel covers, and supports for parcel shelf are missing.

Carpets are worn but i may replace if the spare i have fits.

Because of the lack of parcel shelf supports, there is no speakers fitted, and the stereo has a smashed front plate. It will therefore be removed and the car sold with no I.C.E. If i can find a head unit and some small speakers i will fit them both.

Front seats from a Metro GTi or similar. Have originals but they are really tatty. Included for free if you want them.

Exterior:

Mostly rust free. Arches are solid, and all 4 have been rolled for wider wheel clearance.

Replaced doors and front wings when i bought it, they have been painted with rattle cans, so its thin and not as shiney as the rest but looks presentable.

Its covered in little scrapes and dings - its old and was previously unloved (my mate who owned it before me drove it into a gatepost hence the dent on the passenger side)

The roof has been checkered with Fablon!! and its peeling in places, but i think i have enough to replace dodgy squares.

Front bumper removed.

Grill de-badged, and the whole car has been de-badged and de-stickered. Also bump strips removed on both sides.

Yellow highlights in rear bumper to accent my wheels

Everything removable externally was removed and sprayed satin black to rid of shiny chrome (boot lock chrome as i replaced it as the original was busted)

Has has rust repairs to floors and inner rear arches to pass previous MOT's but its all solid now and tidy enough.

Foglights need wiring up but i will do this at the weekend if i have time.

Wheels:

Alloys shown not included, i will replace with original steels, all with good tyres. i will replicated yellow stripe if full asking price made, or will sell with wheels for an extra 250 (they are rare wheels)

Whilst in my care its been looked after but has earned its keep lugging my tools and mates around. I had the engine out in favour of a bigger one, but it was a wrongen and buggered itself so the original went back in. Ive serviced it a few times (no history with it....) and i may change the oil and plugs etc before it goes if full price is met. I love it to bits and its amazingly fun to drive but a newer car has been bought so its no longer needed :)

Im asking[b]£300
as-is, and this will include a service and polish :cry: I also have a host of mechanical spares if you want/need anything else with it. You can upgrade the car to electric windows and central locking for an extra £100 but you have to fit it yourself. I'm open to sensible offers.

Located in Guildford, Surrey. i can deliver via trailer within 30 miles for petrol money (dad tows - im not licensed so he gets the money)

Its currently NOT insured so test driving is not viable unless you can cover yourself and prove it - Sorry but its the law.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please reply here/PM/call or text: 07795484565. If i dont answer leave a message and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.

Nathan.

Edited by nathansminis, 12 April 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#2 Timoth

Timoth
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Really intrested, any chance of an engine bay pic please?
Whats she like on fuel? cheers Timoth.

#3 nathansminis

nathansminis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

Really intrested, any chance of an engine bay pic please?
Whats she like on fuel? cheers Timoth.

Timoth,

I will get you some pictures tonight mate. It's really clean!

And its pretty good on fuel, alot better than my new Audi!!

Also just remembered that its had a new waterpump recently, and it had a new brake master cylinder when i put in on the road 2 years ago.

Edited by nathansminis, 31 March 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#4 nathansminis

nathansminis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:02 PM

wheels prov. sold. 300 with steelies takes it.

#5 CJ-RACER

CJ-RACER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Traders
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

you sold this yet mate?
Conor

#6 nathansminis

nathansminis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

you sold this yet mate?
Conor

Nope, still here mate.

#7 CJ-RACER

CJ-RACER

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Traders
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

might come look at it. ill ring you in advance mate. Conor

#8 minikidx14

minikidx14

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Name: Ross

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Still got it? any chance of delivering it to bs23? :D

#9 Dexter

Dexter

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

Still for sale??

Very close!!
VERY VERY VERY VERY INTERESTED!!! :wub:

Edited by Dexter, 27 April 2011 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users