#76 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Splashed some paint over the primer today, not a bad job but the paint is too dark. I think i need to take a panel to the Paint shop to see if i can get a decent match
Posted Image
Iv'e started to flat it back to get rid of a run on the A panel and the wing but it will need the right shade of paint to get it all spot on.

#77 paul1275s

paul1275s

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

Had Paddy in my rear view mirror for a couple of hours today, was doing nearly 120 and still couldn't get away from him....

Ok, he was on my trailer, travelling to Sussex where he is now keeping safe and dry with a 65 Cooper S, a 91 Mainstream Cooper, 2 1275GT's, an Autotester special and a Hustler 6...

#78 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Posted Image

Had Paddy in my rear view mirror for a couple of hours today, was doing nearly 120 and still couldn't get away from him....

Ok, he was on my trailer, travelling to Sussex where he is now keeping safe and dry with a 65 Cooper S, a 91 Mainstream Cooper, 2 1275GT's, an Autotester special and a Hustler 6...

Only 120mph i obviously need to paint my 998 red to make it crack 130mph. Cheers mate its much appreciated.

#79 vaughn1

vaughn1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

has paddy been sold?

#80 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

No mate he is residing in new accommodation while we move down SARF!!. The removal company will be taking Erm so at the moment we will now use Paddy's side of the garage for all of the stuff out of the loft.

He will be getting a MOT sometime in the new year so i can use him for going to local shows and just basically enjoying him prior to me ripping him apart and restoring him to his former glory at the end of the year.

#81 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

Will have to keep my eyes open for this around Eastbourne!
I saw on the Eastbourne mini club forum that you are moving down here, look forward to it as your Clubby looks lovely!

#82 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

I saw on the Eastbourne mini club forum that you are moving down here, look forward to it as your Clubby looks lovely!

First chance i get after we have settled in i will wind my way down to one of the monthly meets. I might get Padster ready about the end of April beginning of May for the road. Earlier if possible but until the new garage is devoid of moving boxes he will have to hold on for a while. He needs using before i tear him to bits,

#83 minimuk

minimuk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

First chance i get after we have settled in i will wind my way down to one of the monthly meets. I might get Padster ready about the end of April beginning of May for the road. Earlier if possible but until the new garage is devoid of moving boxes he will have to hold on for a while. He needs using before i tear him to bits,

That's the pririt, sort boxes have a cuppa and on yeh go ;D

#84 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

any updates on this? love it. You have two of my dream minis, erm and paddy :wub:

#85 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

No nothing yet as i'm currently finishing off the inside of my new garage. Just waiting to get the new electrics hooked up to the mains then it will be time to get Padster on the road for a year.

The aim is to use him to get to the local shows then in the new year fully restore him. Just need a quick lotto win so i can get the Promotive kit. Hopefully got an engine lined up for him.

#86 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Mmmm just done a shopping list just to see what the damage is going to be next year when i start restoring him and holy cow it ain't going to be cheap

Paddy’s Panels

SOMERFORD PANELS.
FRONT WINGS EA:- CZH408 £98.06
CZH409 £98.06

FRONT VALANCE:- AAM1022 £96.60 76- RUBBER SUBFRAME MOUNTS
CZH563 £96.60 69-75 SOLID SUBFRAME MOUNTS

MOUNTING PANEL HEADLAMP:- CZH120 £13.08
CZH121 £13.08
SUPPORT ANGLE WING TO A PANEL:- 14A7602 £1.20 EA
SCUTTLE PANEL:- HMP441001 £115.00
A PANELS:- ALA5661 £19.99
ALA5660 £19.99
REAR QUARTER PANELS:- HMP441014 £95.00
HMP441015 £95.00
BACK REPAIR PANEL:- HMP441009 £140.00
REAR VALANCE:- CZH3353 £45.00
REAR VALANCE CLOSE OUTS:- HMP441021 £31.64
HMP441020 £31.64
BOOT FLOOR:- ALA5513 £160.00
DOOR SKIN:- CZH3300 £70.00
DOOR SKIN:- CZH3301 £70.00

Got to hit Minispares to see if i can get the price down a tad.

#87 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'd love to know somerfords mark ups on panels.

#88 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hurrah finally got my hands dirty on Paddy after he's been locked away for 6 months.

First job heater matrix.

Now for all of you clever folks who's thinking about using Radweld to sort your leaky matix's DON'T. This is how bad Paddy's was and at the time it was not leaking externally just internally
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now consider this his original Matrix then its not bad but no amount of Radweld would have fixed it.

We also fitted him with a nice new shiny electronic dizzy courtesy of Accuspark. Very easy to do and now he purrs. Very happy.

Now i'm debating whether to MOT him with his drums fitted or his nice new shiny 7.5" disc conversion??????? Mmmmmm what to do.

Anyway here he is sharing his new accommodation with some new friends
Posted Image

The Cooper to the right is going to have a welding frenzy on it next week. The plan between two of us is a full front weldathon including scuttle and close outs all in one day.

#89 minifcd

minifcd

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Good to see you back working on the minis Neil. Is the Cooper another one of your project cars, or just something your doing for someone else?

#90 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

No Scott its my mates. My missus has banned me from welding and grinding cars in my new garage and house so a friend of mine has kindly given me third dibs in his workshop / garage.

Paul is a mini nut and has a 90's Cooper the one we are going to attack next week, a 1275GT shell needing some motive force, a very modified early Cooper replica in need of a complete restoration and a six wheel hustler just for good measure. Oh and a home built trials beastie as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users