• PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

1992 Mini Sprite

Condition:Mechanically fantastic, bodywork, less than average
Price: £1000
TAX: 6 months
MOT: April 2012

(also for sale on ebay, but you could drive it away for 1k right now!)
Rover Mini Sprite
1275cc Carburetter Engine
69,000 Miles
12 Months MOT / 6 Months Tax

Selling my beloved Mini due to desire for a convertible for the summer. It's served me well since I started driving and has gone through this years MOT sans major issue and will give any new owner 12 months happy motoring. Perfect first car, cheap insurance, I was paying £650 TPFT in my own name at 17!

The car is a Mini Sprite but it is dressed up with some Cooper badging on the sides and steering wheel, as well as dual front driving lamps which are fully functional. It has a union jack on the roof with a couple of minor tears due to last years snow, could easily be sorted if you wanted. The interior is clean and tidy and in good nick for it's age, with a stainless steel effect dashboard featuring oil pressure / voltage / time clocks in the centre above the Sony CD radio, which is hooked up to 2 6x9 speakers on the parcel shelf.

Mechanically the car is in very good condition; recent new head gasket, clutch, radiator, fan belt, as well as new wheel bearings and refreshed radius arms show that all the big work has been done. Head was decoked and has had valves reseated and in a couple of cases replaced. There is no reason for the new owner not to have a hassle free 12 months motoring provided basic servicing (oil/coolant/etc) is stuck to.

The bodywork however is not in such good nick; hence the reasonably low price for a fully taxed and ticketed Mini. The main problem is the passenger side A panel which has been bent out of shape and resprayed with a rattle can as a temporary measure. While this is not the best looking, it is perfectly safe and did not even flag on the MOT. A panel replacements are common on minis and are cheap enough to do, should the next owner wish to. Alternatively, if it's a first car for someone, the odd scratch and ding could be expected so it could be left until it got to the stage where replacement was required (I would estimate a couple of years, it's not really rusting much, it just looks shabby!). Aside from that we have rust starting to appear in a few of the usual mini spots, the bottom of the drivers door has a blemish on it, as does the panel just back from the door, and the scuttle to wing join is of course starting to bubble. Under the headlight also has a fair few bubbles, but it's not breaking through the paintwork. Under the drivers side rear light cluster there is some rust coming through the paint, but if sanded down and sprayed it would likely not be an issue at all. I have provided as many pictures as possible of everything, in an attempt to be completely honest to any prospective buyer, but if you wish to see more of any specific bits in detail, just get in touch, I am happy to help and will be completely honest and open. The fact the car sailed through the MOT with only a handbrake adjustment and a wheelbearing replacement shows that all of the flaws are cosmetic.

It sits on standard 12" Mini lights with some rather good Yoko tyres with about half their tread left, but also comes with some 12" GB alloys, 2 of which have brand new tyres on, the other two both with a fair chunk of tread left. Effectively you have 2 sets of legal tyres to further reduce running costs, or to swap off the performance oriented Yokos in the winter, for example. A few other spares we have laying around the garage will be chucked in if we can find them, such as a Haynes guide, a passanger side rear light block and the like.

In conclusion, this is a solid example of a mini that will give you at the very least a years service with no major hassle. The bodywork is in need of a bit of TLC if you want to bring it up to standard but as a first car it would serve you well and stand up to the odd bump and scratch without ruining something perfect.

You are welcome to come and view the car, we are located in Mulbarton near to Norwich.

Any questions feel free ask , email me at [email protected], or text/call me on 07731686048. If you call and I can't pick up I will call you back ASAP.
Cheers
Jordan

Attached File  CIMG1584.jpg   182K   20 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1585.jpg   137.18K   16 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1588.jpg   178.89K   8 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1589.jpg   149.53K   8 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1590.jpg   196.79K   8 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1591.jpg   91.94K   9 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1594.jpg   80.96K   5 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1595.jpg   150.4K   19 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1598.jpg   202.18K   13 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1599.jpg   155.75K   4 downloads
Attached File  CIMG1600.jpg   109.95K   4 downloads

Edited by Grodecki, 24 March 2011 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users