#1 wainesworld

wainesworld

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hi,

I have just got my 1275 back from the body shop. Next stage is to find a willing and experienced engine rebuilder who is willing to come have a look at my engine. Idearly I would want someone who can come remove my engine take it away repair/enhance the engines performance then bring it back and replace it in the mini. I have never seen or heard this engine running before but think its a metro engine rather than the original, using the engine number guide on here.

Would need some idea on price first so if anyone has any rough price in mind let me know. I am on south east london near bromley

cheers

waine

#2 philc

philc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

price depends on what you want which you need to decided, you can spend as much as you want

#3 wainesworld

wainesworld

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

price depends on what you want which you need to decided, you can spend as much as you want

yer appreciate that, its as long as a piece of string. All i really want at the end of the day is a slight improvment on the standard performance with reliability, Dont want a rocket just somthing comfortable to drive.

#4 painter09

painter09

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

yer appreciate that, its as long as a piece of string. All i really want at the end of the day is a slight improvment on the standard performance with reliability, Dont want a rocket just somthing comfortable to drive.

being new to this site and not wanting to sound silly,but have you thought about a ( remote turbo ?) look it up on google more power withouth having the head reworked and having an oil box fitted in the boot is less hassle than routing pipes to your sump.

#5 wainesworld

wainesworld

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

being new to this site and not wanting to sound silly,but have you thought about a ( remote turbo ?) look it up on google more power withouth having the head reworked and having an oil box fitted in the boot is less hassle than routing pipes to your sump.

thanks for the idea i had not thought of that interesting

waine

#6 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

what about G C Motors Centre For Minis - Swanley..... just down the road from you isnt it ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users