#1 stanthemanb94

stanthemanb94

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hello all mini enthusiasts!
I was wondering if I could have a little advice from people with more knowledge about austin minis than me :thumbsup:

Basically my sisters 1978 Austin Mini 850 has been handed over to me as shes upgraded to a new 998 mini, My dad fully restored the 850 and brang it back to life, and now running sweet. Only problem is my dad kitted this mini out for my sister and is now looking girly :genius: not to forget it also goes slow, although I should be greatfull.... afterall it is a MINI!
So Im looking for ideas and inspiration to beef this mini up a little and get the "Girly Factor" totally out of the equation, I was thinking mabey wider wheel arches, white racing stripes and roof, mabey some sort of performance increase such as a stage 1, subwoofer and speakers etc... the typical teenage stereotype which everyone just loves..... But at the same time I would like to keep insurance relitavely low (for a teenager) and keep the traditional british austin mini theme.
Surely there must be parts on a small to big scale available online to contribute to my finished goal, thankyou for any advice!
Much appriciated, Stan.

#2 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

If you want to keep insurance down, don't go for performance mods. What about a nice roof decal or spotlight bar? Decent door cards?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users