#1 VELOCUAZ

VELOCUAZ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

Hi,

Some photos of mini tec K20 kit fitted, had a think today and I'm going to make a u bracket to mount on top of the top ball joint and mount the shocker there, I will have to cut off the top shocker mount and and re make it, problem as it is now is there is a lot of weight over center and they have the top arm with all the weight being taken by y joint as the shocker wants to push down and with so many joints all works like a hinge trying to bend the joint and that is what has happened, so take care if you have one of these kits, or it may be are roads are very bad !!

Will post some

Cheers

Attached Files

#2 Blackfear

Blackfear

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Local Club: British mini club

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi,

Some photos of mini tec K20 kit fitted, had a think today and I'm going to make a u bracket to mount on top of the top ball joint and mount the shocker there, I will have to cut off the top shocker mount and and re make it, problem as it is now is there is a lot of weight over center and they have the top arm with all the weight being taken by y joint as the shocker wants to push down and with so many joints all works like a hinge trying to bend the joint and that is what has happened, so take care if you have one of these kits, or it may be are roads are very bad !!

Will post some

Cheers

Thats so clean and nice mate :genius:

#3 VELOCUAZ

VELOCUAZ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hi,

Will post some

Cheers

Thats so clean and nice mate :D

Hi,

Cheers for that

Attached Files

#4 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

Surely you shouldn't have to cut anything away and start fabricating things to fit the shock properly for this frame? Have you asked Mini Tec?

#5 VELOCUAZ

VELOCUAZ

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

Surely you shouldn't have to cut anything away and start fabricating things to fit the shock properly for this frame? Have you asked Mini Tec?

Here is a photo of the kit when it came ready to fit ! thought the same, but took the other side top arm off today and its bent too, going to make up new top arms but will not have as much adjustment as now but stronger, I hope this way I will not have to re locate shockers as not so easy now its all in.

Attached Files

#6 zerocool.666

zerocool.666

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: miniaddict

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

really good !!! and how much cost??

#7 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

Best bet is to sell some organs if you want a K series :cry:

http://www.superfast...LL PRODUCTS.htm

#8 zerocool.666

zerocool.666

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: miniaddict

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

thank you :cry:

#9 izzy

izzy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

wow looks really good.

#10 bobs

bobs

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Local Club: Six-Ex Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Best bet is to sell some organs if you want a K series :)

http://www.superfast...LL PRODUCTS.htm

Not as much as I thought, but I wouldn't get that much for my liver...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users