#31 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Lynx ae is a very good company. They have a very good history of both racing minis and also there own bike engined cars and many customers cars. I have been In the test car and I am very impressed. Runs really well, very quick, suprising how long first gear is. Definatly a cost effective alternative to a tuned a.series with the engines being cheap and readily available. Can't wait to get mine up and running. Hopefully in time for Avon park and seem how it runs.

:thumbsup:

sure it was first gear ? 1st and 2nd are fairly short....... 3rd is the loooooong gear on mine :thumbsup:

#32 drewsargent1980

drewsargent1980

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club ( AMC )

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

I've enquired regarding his engine build and got this E-Mail back

"At present giving a price is not easy we are in the process of negotiating some of the parts at a sensible price, as a guide price we hope to have the kit available for approx, £4300 +VAT. At present we are still testing and negociating prices for some of the parts therefore i can't give a date for release at present. Keep and eye on our website www.minir1.co.uk"

#33 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Not going to take off very well at that price - where would the extra cost be justified over the promotive kit? Unless it included the engine of course.

You could build a pretty dam good A series for that price, even a turbo A series could be built for that price and get more power...

#34 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

It doesn't include an engine, regarding price these sorts of conversion are not going to be cheap, on the plus side the quality of the engineering looks excellent

Cheers
David

Edited by R1mini, 10 April 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#35 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

I got this email in the week..............

Dear Martin

Since you have shown an interest in the our Mini R1 conversion we thought you might like to hear that we have now released a video of the project car with the kit installed in action.

The video can be found at our website www.minir1.co.uk

or on our Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lynxae1

or on our Facebook page http://en-gb.connect...9305403?sk=wall

Due to further testing and development work we are doing on the Mini R1 kit we will be not answering email for approx 1 week, please be patiant and we will reply to any questions as soon as possible.

so in a nutshell..... its not actualy ready to sell ? :(
its 2 grand more expensive than Pro-Mo :)

and its only taken them 2 and half years to get back to me :)

I'm thinking I made the right choice :)

#36 drewsargent1980

drewsargent1980

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club ( AMC )

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

lol

#37 blister

blister

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

i got exactly the same email roofless

#38 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

I haven't been on this forum for absolute ages due to my Clio V6 project. Its funny how Jon has finaly finished the R1 project just as I've started to blow the cobwebs off my 1960 miglia that this conversion was first based on. I haven't spoke or seen Jon for a fair while now but even in the early days when he first started the conversion it always looked to be a very simple instalation with no overly complicated gearbox/drive related parts. One thing you will be guaranteed with anything from LynxAE is top notch work.

#39 JakeJakeJake

JakeJakeJake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:02 PM

Yes it does look good, but is it really almost £2000 better than the promotive kit?

#40 mini*mad

mini*mad

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

only 145bhp :)
and push to reverse - nah :D

How do the electric motors hold up roofless?

#41 Bluecray

Bluecray

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

Not going to take off very well at that price - where would the extra cost be justified over the promotive kit? Unless it included the engine of course.

You could build a pretty dam good A series for that price, even a turbo A series could be built for that price and get more power...

More power than 145hp with a turbo A series??? is that possible and would it be reliable??? The MG Metro turbo was 96hp is over 145hp obtainable???

#42 mini*mad

mini*mad

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

oh yeah
seen turbo a series smash that
200+ for that money
180 with a t3

check out turbomini.com

#43 Bluecray

Bluecray

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

I asked Lynxae if a flappy paddy gearshift could be installed since it uses the R1 gearbox which as you know is from a bike with a sequential gearbox (one up - one down)

They say yes it can be done.......

Now that would be real cool wouldn't it?????

The mini is this video uses the normal mini gearshift because the owner wanted the car to look normal as possible - a real wolf in sheep's clothing eh???

#44 coopdog

coopdog

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

WOW!!!! this or a vtec, im thinking this for the amount of work needed, what would the mpg be like with the engine driving to the speed limits of course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users