Photo

Long Shot- Tiny Part Of A Panel From Written Off Mini?!?!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hi- this is a long shot I know- I'm after a small part about 5" square from a rear wheel arch. I just need the width by about 5-6" long, either from where the red or green square is on my doodle- not too rusty please!

Attached File  _BV4sYgg_mk___KGrHgoOKjEEjlLmZ_ZQBKU0MYFi_Q___12.jpg   22.11K   6 downloads

Also- perhaps from the same shell- I would like 2 patches, one of the fuel filler and 2-3" all round it, and the exact opposite from the other side of the car (I know there is no filler hole there!)

Attached File  nearside_rear.jpg   39.49K   8 downloads

Attached File  offside_angle.jpg   40.81K   4 downloads

If someone is able to do these just rough with a grinder and pop them in a jiffy bag cheaply it would be awesome! I'm near Colchester, Essex by the way.

Thanks, TC.

Edited by C4NN0N, 12 April 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#2 CLASSIC-MINI-BITS

CLASSIC-MINI-BITS

Speeding Along Now

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC.COM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hi- this is a long shot I know- I'm after a small part about 5" square from a rear wheel arch. I just need the width by about 5-6" long, either from where the red or green square is on my doodle- not too rusty please!

Attached File  _BV4sYgg_mk___KGrHgoOKjEEjlLmZ_ZQBKU0MYFi_Q___12.jpg   22.11K   6 downloads

Also- perhaps from the same shell- I would like 2 patches, one of the fuel filler and 2-3" all round it, and the exact opposite from the other side of the car (I know there is no filler hole there!)

Attached File  nearside_rear.jpg   39.49K   8 downloads

Attached File  offside_angle.jpg   40.81K   4 downloads

If someone is able to do these just rough with a grinder and pop them in a jiffy bag cheaply it would be awesome! I'm near Colchester, Essex by the way.

Thanks, TC.

we have scrappage scheme shells that we could chop for you, what do you class as "cheaply" though

#3 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

No offense meant by this- but as you are a business I assume you would want more than joe bloggs with a scrap shell in his back yard! I'm self employed and no point doing work for free, but by all means PM me a price for the parts if it is something you would do! I may also need a gear slector linkage so could help with post etc.

#4 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

Surely its cheaper to just shape some sheet steel?

#5 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

I need the perfect curve from the parts for some top secret bits! :unsure:

#6 se_juggles

se_juggles

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

I need the perfect curve from the parts for some top secret bits! :unsure:

i have a whole shell you can have for 50

#7 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Tempting but I can't keep buying big bits! Just thought I actually wouldn't need the o/s patch, if the patch from the filler side went down a bit further to the top of the rear light it would do! (and the arch bit)

#8 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

I just so happen to have a pair of rear arches; they have a few crusty patches. But the damper mount and surrounding areas were solid, hence why I’ve been keeping them for possible future repair sections. Unfortunately I’m fast running out of space so they are destined for the tip very soon.

ps. I also have a gear slector linkage going spare...

Edited by 1984mini25, 13 April 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#9 mymini007

mymini007

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

i may be able to help, i have a shell thats been rolled, fuel cap side is useless but the rest it ok i think, will be taking delivery tonight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users