#1 Mini Mad Rich

Mini Mad Rich

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Local Club: Leamington Spa Mini Massive

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

I was driving into stratford about an hour ago and on the hit hit a bloody big pot hole which I didnt see until I hit it. At first I fort something had gone wrong badly because I was doing around 50MPH at the time and I wanted to stop to see the damage but being on a main road I couldnt stop anywhere so I just slowed down and drove at a steady pace.
Anyway found a spot right next to the land rover show room, stoped, got out and had a look and my wheel arch was litary hanging on by 1 screw! All the rest were in the wing but were'nt holding in it place.

After checking all the suspension componets it appears ok but I really want to get it checked out, are there any places near where I live? The only place I know is Miniman in soilhul.

I know I hav'nt put any pics up of it but its dark now so come tommorow I'l get some pics after my driving lesson and post them up on here for you.

Has this ever happen to any of you? If it so how bad was it and how did you go about repairing/replacing it?

Cheers for your feed back.

Rich

#2 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

Once this happened to me, went over speed bump, on a less than good subframe.

As I came off the bump, subframe gave in, and the one side suddenly had extreme lowered suspention

#3 benfredjosh

benfredjosh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

lol dog ur car was on the deck so 2 speak :wub:!

#4 pepe

pepe

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

surely you can claim for a new set of arches, from the council???? they have a duty and you do pay road tax!!! :erm: :erm:

#5 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:23 PM

take a photo of the hole and persist with a claim. you are intitled to compensation.

i got a new tyre from them when my brand new bridgestone popped when i hit a huge hole at 30 miles an hour (in the dark)

#6 Mini Mad Rich

Mini Mad Rich

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

:wub: WOW Did you get home ok after that and was there any other damage to the car caused by that?
I just find it appauling that you, me and every one else pays road tax (well I hope you do lol) that is spose to pay for the 'keep' of the roads we all use, well it does'nt f****ing look like it!

If I have to pay anything to get it sorted i'l be asking the coucil or who ever to pay.

MMR

#7 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:31 PM

Well it kinda limpped home after that, and it would of been 350 to repair the damage... so sold it, for 425 :wub:

#8 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

i had an (cough) mx5 at the time and just put the ugly yellow space saver on.

make sure you persue it asap as they may wriggle out of it if you leave it too long. i sent a letter the day it happened demanding compensation.

#9 Mini Mad Rich

Mini Mad Rich

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

lol you sold it how its was! lol how did you manage that, was the person who brought it thick lol?

MMR

#10 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

hope you get it sorted mate

#11 Mini Mad Rich

Mini Mad Rich

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:22 PM

Short update if anyone is intressted?

I'm getting the car up to college in the morning on thursday so my tutor can have a look at the arch and car but he cant have a proper look til friday evening because my car is'nt allowed in the workshop until after 4:30pm :thumbsup: anyway we'l get the wheels off and have a good look at whats happened if anything has happened. :w00t:

MMR

#12 The Roadie

The Roadie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:35 PM

If everything was serviceablte beforehand, it should beok as Minis are quite tough. Still its good that you are checking it over.
My mate Paul from Manchester Minis took off infront of me over a yump in the road on Mile Of Minis last year (we were doing about 80mph over bumpy north york moors roads!).
His Mini flew a few feet then landed perfectly, no damage at all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users