#1 BenCraig

BenCraig

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hi,
I am looking for a mini estste to do as a project and there seem to be a lot more clubman estates around than travelers/countrymans. But i much prefer the look of the round nose front.

So my questions are;
How easy is it to swap to round nose steel panels
how easy is it to swap to a round nose flip front

And once i have finished restoring it, would it be worth less as i have changed it from original. i.e no longer a clubman? (also are fibre glass flip fronted cars worth less in general?)
I am not planning on doing the project to make money, just want to have an idea before i buy my mini.

Hope thats not too many questions, look forward to your replies

Ben

#2 mini_legend

mini_legend

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Local Club: Outcast Car Club

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

Clubman estates are as near as no odds, as rare as the countrymans are now. Only made from 69 to 82 remember. Seen a few roundnose conversions and I can't say they look right to be honest :/
I don't think it'd be hard to do tho, just cut of the clubby front (sell me the bonnet please :unsure: ) and buy roundnose panels.
As for value, people are seemingly moving back to desiring more original minis, are there are so few non modified examples, so the value you plummit greatly, as would a fibreglass front, because it isn't original. I know a lot of people, me being one who don't like fibreglass, but I can't say I have ever had people 'prefer' fg to steel.

Having said that, it's your mini and each to their own, especially if you don't intend to sell (remember one day you might want to). Clubman panesls are a bit more expensive tho, which can deter people as well, but like I said, sell me your bonnet if you get one :teehee: and good luck whatever you choose to do ;)

Cheers JK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users