• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Local Club: YDCCC

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

Mini Mayfair 1.0 Automatic
Excellent
£2250
Northallerton, North Yorkshire

1989 Mini Mayfair Automatic 1000, 57000 genuine miles.
Tax till June 2011 and MOT till October 2011.

This car is stunning, it handles like a go-kart.
The automatic gears box works like a dream.
I have owned the car since May and was only put on the road in Janruary.
Since owning the car is has had a lot of work done.
I have replaced the doors, drivers a-panel, the front shot-blasted as it was not rotten just rusty, all the further welding was done professionally to rear 1/4 panels, rear valance. It was then prepered for painting and painted orignal Rover Henley Blue.
It has had a full service with added coil, leads and spark plugs. Brand new distributor shield, rocker cover, gasket, fan belt and K&N element filter fitted. New champion window wipers, new headlamp rings, Wipac halogen headlights, brand new black plastic arches, clear indicators at the front and on the wing, chrome wing mirrors pre-80s style and chrome window strips when the window was put back in. A brand new decal set for the mayfair bought but only rear sticker fitted. Before going on the road it was fully shultz'd underneath in black for rust protection. The coolant system has been fully rebuild with a new water pump, gasket and head heater outlet.
The rollcage is a full one (front and rear) by Saftey Devices. These are now £400ish to buy and i would prefer not to take it out, as i know how hard it was to get in.
Also in the interior there is a Paddy Hopkirk rally pedal, and full set of alloy door furniture. It has blue carpets with the orignal grey underneath. The seats are the orignal grey velour and are in great condition.
The car had £75 worth of electrical work done 2 weeks ago with flasher unit replaced and modernised along with the fuse box.
Its on 5 inch minilite replicas with brand new toyo tyres that have covered the 300 miles i have driven.

The previous owner had the rear subframe replaced and replaced the exhaust.

There is a history file dating back to 1994 with every MOT since and thousands of work that had been carried out.
It has had 8 former keepers. It has a genuine 57000 miles n the clock with history to back it up and i have covered 300 since being put on the road.

Now, the very minor bad bits, the bonnet its self underneath is not the cleanest, the boot lid itself has sligh surface rust about 2 inch long on the rim on the inside.here is two minor dents, 1 in the rear panel and one in the boot lid.

There is movement on the price, and i do recomend viewing it. It may not be everyones acquired taste but im sure it will find a good owner. I do have various conversion spares that i could inlcude for the right price, like a pedal box, subframe converters, gear leavers etc. Would make a brilliant basis for a rally/race car.

Offers around £2250

Regards

Thomas

Attached Files

#2 mini-thomas

mini-thomas

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

Bump, Any interest at all?

#3 mini-thomas

mini-thomas

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

C'mon there must be some interest out there. I will even let the JVC head unit, almost new British mini club carpets in. Make a reasonable offer and it yours!

#4 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Local Club: Rutland Minis

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

You might make that money if the car was a manual, thought of converting it?

#5 mini-thomas

mini-thomas

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

You might make that money if the car was a manual, thought of converting it?

I was gonna but them im just gonna loose more money on it.

#6 mini-thomas

mini-thomas

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Reduced again £2250 now £2150

#7 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

I'm afriad this is priced too high and the market is bad for selling at the moment.

It will sell, just stick with it. But you might be waiting a long time in the present climate.

#8 monquay

monquay
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

any chance to view it this week? work near leeming so could pop by!

Thanks
Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users