5 replies to this topic

#1 murfeey

murfeey

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

i recently bought flying banannas mini,question i have its a 1.0 engine how doyou identify it,i want tofit 1.3 instead,any idea what model it is ,i know its 5 speed,came out of 51 plate micra,.

any help cheers murf

#2 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

You have a later multi-coil engine, I think they're still CG10DE engines. I'd imagine a better bet for you will be to get a CGA3DE 1348cc engine as that is also a multi-coil engine that may make wiring up a simpler experience.

Engine number is here, the little black box

Edited by Artstu, 08 May 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#3 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

and this is the sort of Micra you need to be looking for as a donor

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

#4 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

i recently bought flying banannas mini,question i have its a 1.0 engine how doyou identify it,i want tofit 1.3 instead,any idea what model it is ,i know its 5 speed,came out of 51 plate micra,.

any help cheers murf

This section is for creating a thread on your projects progress only. If you have a question or technical query, please post it in the relevant section! :wub:

#5 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

This section is for creating a thread on your projects progress only. If you have a question or technical query, please post it in the relevant section! :wub:

I think this issue is a failing on the forum, had he asked this question in the technical section he might not of had his question answered as there might not have been anyone reading that section with knoweledge of these engine changes ( I know I very rarely visit that section)

Out of interest I'll repost it in that section and see, my thoughts could be wrong I guess.

Edited by Artstu, 15 May 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#6 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

As I thought this is the right place to ask, and as a bonus you're less likely to get told off for wanting to ditch your A-series down here than you would up there in the Tech section

Not a sausage as I expected http://www.theminifo...howtopic=190992

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users