#1 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:25 PM

hello me again!!

right i sorted the wiring out 4 the lucas electronic ignition i have, there is a feed getting to the coil and comming out of the coil to the dizzy but i am not getting a spark from any of the leads.
The leads are all fine and the dizzy cap is slightly warn but not enough to cause any problems. the rotar arm looks fine aswell.

any ideas what it could be???????

Cheers Gaz

#2 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

ok do you get A spark when you take the king lead out of the dist and put it close to earth and turn the car engine over..

if you do check to see if its something simple,, like you remebered to put the rotar arm back in, if left loads out when rushing or trying to get a jo b done quickly

:grin:

#3 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

all sorted after lots of trial and error and trying different things i found that a cable had pulled out of the module on the side of the dizzy.
car still didnt fire but i had a spark but not the best spark. i changed back to the old contact dizzy and it fired up firstr time

#4 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

the problem i am having now is that when its running and i put me foot on the accelerator there is a pause before it picks the revs up. i had checked the timing with strobe light all is ok. advance pipe is connected.

Anything else i could try as i dont really fancy playing around with mixtures just yet!!

Cheers

Gaz

#5 ian

ian

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

have you checked the oil in the dashpot?

#6 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

yes oil is present in the dashpot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users