#16 4my

4my

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Local Club: Looking for one!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

You cannot reasonably expect someone to pay anywhere near the £2k mark for an average high mileage mayfair, with only 4 months MOT. Generaly anyone serious about selling a decent car will sell it with a full MOT in order to get maximum interest and maximum sale price. Selling one with a short MOT therefore suggests that you either know that it will fail, or you are not confident enough that it will pass without investing a lot of cash in it and are trying to "get rid".

Also that list of all those easily fixed minor faults makes it sound as if the car isn't very well looked after and you cant be bothered to fix them. Valuation wise, with the faults fixed and 12 months MOT then £1,800 would be a reasonable selling price at the current time. But as it is then £1,500 would be more realistic.

In that case it's pure luck that I've got 3 people interested at 2k :P

thanks for the advise.

#17 4my

4my

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

Also, i'm not at all worried about the MOT it's purely the fact that i've bought a new car... Anyone that comes for a viewing will see that the car has been extremely well looked after, and I have used it everyday and had no problems what so ever. The feedback I have had at past shows has been nothing but positive so i'm not particular worried.

thanks again - If nothing takes off from the current interest I will lower the price and perhaps just put it on Autotrader :P

Amy

#18 kenzie22

kenzie22

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

can i just say i like your mini and i would probably pay £1800ish, but im not liking how some members are coming across "you'll never get that for £2.2K"

#19 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

can i just say i like your mini and i would probably pay £1800ish, but im not liking how some members are coming across "you'll never get that for £2.2K"

Thats why this is the valuations section, and the the car isn't worth £2.2k.

#20 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Also, i'm not at all worried about the MOT it's purely the fact that i've bought a new car... Anyone that comes for a viewing will see that the car has been extremely well looked after, and I have used it everyday and had no problems what so ever. The feedback I have had at past shows has been nothing but positive so i'm not particular worried.

thanks again - If nothing takes off from the current interest I will lower the price and perhaps just put it on Autotrader :P

Amy

The people that come and see you car may see it is well looked after, BUT the advert, with short MOT, does not give that impression. You have more chance of a higher price, the more buyers you can attract and this ad is doing you no favours.

#21 drewsargent1980

drewsargent1980

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club ( AMC )

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

i'd estimate some where around £1600 - £1800, nice little car thou, i would have removed the numberplate before you had taken the photo thou. good luck with the sale

#22 4my

4my

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

thanks..

I suppose it can seem harsh sometimes but at the end of the day this is the valuations section and when I posted the topic I was prepared for criticism over the price.

It's given me a better idea because it's very hard to put a price on your own car without putting on it what it is worth to me! It's easy for me to say I would pay £2200 for this car and therefore assume that everyone else would too but it doesn't happen like that!

:thumbsup:

#23 4my

4my

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users