206 replies to this topic

#1 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

I went over to see Rob at allspeed engineering (i live two minute away from his workshop) 4 days before xmas day, i went out in his 1.6 8v vauxhall engined mini and was hooked, i went back two days later and ordered a kit off him after talking about it with him for an hour or so.

I have now got the clubby in the garage and work has begun. The idea is to have a striped out racer style mini with the vauxhall engine power and reiability.

I will be getting the vauxhall engine, gearbox and loom etc next weekend, i alredy have metro turbo front brakes, superfin rear brakes and other little bits and pieces. The allspeed kit comes with driveshafts, subframe, engine mounts (i went for four instead of the standard three), Lower suspension arms (heavy duty rose jointed), gear selector mount and bulkhead box, all of this will be ready by early feb.

I want it finished and on the road for august at least as it needs to be done for the nurburg run.

This pic is of it before the strip down

For my own use:
www.t2performance.co.uk
http://members.lycos...ont_intro_2.htm
www.absmotorsport.net
http://www.sbdev.co.... ... TP kit.htm
http://www.totalkitc...article_129.php
http://www.quaife.co...-lever-assembly

Attached Files

• Attached File  5.jpg   113.1K   74 downloads

#2 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:41 PM

This is it now, took the engine/front subframe assembly out yesterday, its going to a good home now, thanks to GW.

Its only really got the dash, drivers seat and rear subframe left on it now, wanted to get in sandblasted before next month but now i have spent every £ i had saved on the engine, it has to wait for a while.

Attached Files

Edited by marc, 15 January 2006 - 07:10 PM.

#3 benfredjosh

benfredjosh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

sorry o/t i know but what seat is that?

#4 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

I bought them off scurvy dog a while back, think there out of vauxhall calibra or something if i remember rightly. For sale at the right price, there on omp subframes, bolt straight to the floor just behind the box section on the floor. Passenger seat has come apart across the bottom of the back piece though, should be easy to re-sew and un-noticable once done.

#5 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

That looks like its gonna be awesome!

How many horses should you get out of that then?

#6 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:47 PM

Awsom mate, i had a look at one today on the wirral-llandudno run, looks a neat bit of kit!!
Heres some pics to wet your appetite.........

Mark :wales:

Attached Files

#7 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

and another...........
This was a 2litre cavalier conversion. :wink:

Mark :wales:

Attached Files

#8 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:51 PM

:cool: Even room for the battery under there! :lol:

Sounds awesome!

#9 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

Robs at allspeed was roaded at 110 bhp at wheels, which is nice. His 2ltr cav engined rear wheel drive rally car is now pushing 270bhp!!

DROOL!!! :lol: :cry:

#10 DavesBluey

DavesBluey

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

you should check this out: 1.6 VAUXHALL CONVERSION

the bloke who built this lives around the corner from me, had a chat a little while back and he did the full conversion in 2 WEEKS in his garage

#11 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

Yea, seen that before. If you have a good shell needing no work and had all the parts to do the conversion it would take no time at all.

PS Rob has a half built clubby with engine and subframe fitted, needs finishing but i think everything is there, he will sell at right price last time i saw him. Allspeeds phone number = 01773767603 Tell him i told ya about it!

This evening i seperated my old engine from the subframe, doesnt sound hard but i have very little space to work in, no axle stands to sit the subby on cus there under the car etc etc. Also chopped off drivers inner and outer wing and organised to pick up the vauxhall engine/box on saturday morning! Nice trip down to swindon for me!

#12 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

Got the vauxhall engine and box today, came out of a 2003 astra with about 20,000 miles on clock, nice five hour drive this morning and now its on the garage.

I have removed doors, front shocker mounts and fuel,brake and battery lines from shell. Need to find a sandblaster and money to get it fully sandblasted soon. Just ordered calliper seal and piston kits, plus new outer cv's, wheel bearings and braided brake hoses for the metro turbo front brakes. Have some reconditioned rear arms on the way from a mate. Only need rear beam axle, floors, sills, front end, windows, doors, seats, wheels, tyres, lighs, wiring loom...the list keeps getting bigger for some reason!

Attached Files

Edited by marc, 21 January 2006 - 03:14 PM.

#13 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

Just been ripping the dash to bit, pulled the sound proofing away from the back of the bulkhead and found what looked like a mouse's 'next'! Looked a bit closer and theres some brown fur and some black decomposed material with little white bits dotted about! :saywhat: Where i had the mini stored for 6 months was an old farm barn and it seems there was once a mouse there! There was also loads of sound proofing eaten away on the engine side of the bulkhead. Its a bit :sick:

Attached Files

#14 Feeble

Feeble

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 05:38 PM

Sound proofing, tasty... :lol:

#15 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

The shell is now completely stripped, going to phone about getting it sandblasted at some point this week. I already have the metal to repair all the holes that i keep finding so hopefully i'll have a solid shell with roll cage welded in within a month then the rebuild really begins!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users