206 replies to this topic

#31 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:31 PM

I've bought a load of bits off that company before, very good to deal with.

#32 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

Marc, where are you having blasted on the mini? Just the floor etc ?

Cheers

#33 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

The whole shell, makes its easier to work on and shows any areas off thinning metal so it can be replaced. Was thinking of just having the lower half done but might as well do the lot for what its worth. I need it back so i can see how many holes there are and order some panels!

Need to get moving with this as i would like it at least running by mini showdown so i can at least trailer it there!

#34 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:46 PM

what, your having the outer bodypanels blasted?? It distorts them really bad!!!
I could understand you having the floor, boot area and bulkhead etc. done but panelwork was a no no?

#35 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

The bloke thats doing it has done mini shells before and hasnt had any problems, he said it does show up any dents etc but thats pretty obvious really. I may be de-seaming the shell so having it paint free all over will be helpful.

I'll let you know what happens anyway, i'm sure if its not done too harshly it shouldnt cause any problems but we'll see.

#36 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

good luck i hope you get something back ;)

#37 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:27 PM

Dont say that!!! Lol. Fingers crossed!

#38 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

Got the shell back this morning, its not too bad. Needs, scuttle corners, flitch panels, sills, floors and boot corners repairing. The outer panels seem to have survived being blasted very well, cant see any distortion etc. I dont think he blasted it too harshly so its all good.

I've also this week been ordering parts. The main things missing at the minute are body repair panels, rear beam axle and coilovers, wiring loom and steeering rack which will all be ordered next week i hope.

#39 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

Heres some more pics of progress. I'm currently chopping out and replacing all the 'holey' metal, which is quite a lot really, its taking so long but i have some days off work soon so hope to crack on with it. i have loads of replacement panels already so all i need is the time to fit them.

I have also been ordering parts, i have a big box or parts from minispares, such as spax adjustable front shocker, comp. rubber cone, brakes, stainless rc40 etc. I have some stuff from rallydesign.co.uk, electronic speedo, dzus fasteners, bonnet pins/locks and harnesses. Bought some reclining seats for a bargain £120, they are cheap and cheerful but are pretty deep and supportive.

And today i have recieved my 7x13 starmags, rear beam axle and gaz coilovers from huddersfield, only one prob is that one tyre is fitted the wrong way and one wheel is marked on the outer edge, bit annoying but i'll phone them monday to see what they can do.

And tomoro i am going to pick up a 6-point roll cage, brand new off ebay, fairly cheap bolt together one but i will add my own touches to it to make it stronger, nice journey to cheltenham!

#40 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

great stuff mark bought loads then. im hoping to buy a load of stuff soon, its bugging me a bit at the min as im trying to get all the big stuff out the way like engine!

the shell looks really tidy are you pleased with it?

#41 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:23 PM

I am pleased with it, its just taking forever to get anywhere with repairing it which is really bugging me as i want it on the road in august! Keep doing a couple of hours on it after work every couple fo days but that doesnt really make much progress. Got a long weekend on it next weekend as i've took thursday and friday off work to crack on with it.

Got the roll cage today, so i'm now really just after a dash, wiring loom, front end, doors and fuel tank plus all the small bits and pieces and paint.

Thinking of getting a tank made to sit in the boot floor, the only thing that needs to be in the boot is a spare wheel and jack. Anyone had a tank made to fit? Pics?

#42 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

Progress is so slow! I've been off ill the last couple of days so havent touched it, hope to get somewhere this weekend.

Just got some slightly tinted perspex windows delivered that i bought from ebay, i cant wait to get it done now! And i only have like 4 months til bh2n to get it sorted!

#43 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:14 PM

Ahhh, were those the Miglia/Mini 7 perspex windows with the hole for drivers side?

#44 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

Yes they were jammy my son. They're pretty good, need a bit of trimming to fit the side rear windows but other than that perfect. Apart from the hole in the drivers window, but thats useful as hopefully i'll have fibreglass doors so the windows wont be windey up/down!

#45 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:10 PM

seen those windows. was going to bid but forgot to watch them dohhh. good buy though mate, what tint is it?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users