• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

Heya guys.
looking at a 3 clock dash setup to buy. its all three clock and
on the back what looks like a circuit board. only ever worked on centre clock
i should be able to wire it using haynes but does anyone already know
best way to do the conversion and if there are sockets etc on the back what type
they are?????

cheers

tom

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

moss do a conversion kit from 3 clocks to single clock so they might do a kit for the other way round :erm:

#3 nightroamer

nightroamer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:36 AM

nope only thing i can find is that it is prob the Nippon Seiko guages used after 1989
lol.

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:07 PM

It's a large, single connector (plus a couple of bullets and spades for the tacho) which is proprietary and not a standard type of multipole connector. If you contact a company who make restoration wiring harnesses then they may be able to either supply you with the connector or make a short harness for you with the correct plug ending in flying leads.

Try Autosparks

#5 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:29 PM

You can probably chop off that bit of the harness if you can find a scrapped car too. IIRC, then the later cars had the wiring for a full 3 clock setup even though they were sometimes only fitted with 2 clocks. I just broke on last week, and if i'd have only known, I could have kept that bit. Saying that I could always nip down the yard where it is later in the week and have it off if you want me to? You'd then *just* need to chop into your harness to match it.....

Having sadi all that, is your car a centre clock one? (I assume so by your comments), but if not, it may just be plug and play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users