11 replies to this topic

#1 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

anybody know where i can find or has anybody got a circuit sheet for behind the dials on a 3 dial car, i pulled the dials out and found numerous cables linking the lights together as the circuit sheet itself was split in numerous places, needless to say most of the lights on the dials don work!!!

I know this should be in the wanted section but i thought more people look at this section, sorry

Gaz

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

They are no longer available. So you will have to buy a complete used item, but then you might as well fit the whole thing :lol:

#3 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

new 1 it is then, dont suppose you know the price of a new set of dials as there is a set on ebay brand new at £62 + £6 P&P.
I cant find them anywhere

#4 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

Why buy new when all you need is the pcb. there are plenty of second hand ones knocking about for a lot less. All you need to do then is transfere the whole speedoand odometer clock over to the replacement set and keep your mileage correct.

#5 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:26 PM

yea sounds best way good thinking, im just tryin my hardest to get the car back on the road as soon as possible its so close but a few nigling little problems with it. at least i will know how to sort problems out when i get the next project (i got the bug now!!!)

cheers

#6 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

just make sure you get the right ones... there are two types, Smiths and Nippon which are not interchageable...

#7 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:21 AM

Smiths being the earlier type (pre 1990 I believe) and Nippon being the later post 1990 ones (at least my 1990 Cooper had the nippon type, and my 87' Advantage had the Smiths type - so the changeover point is between those dates! :lol: )

#8 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:24 PM

The main change points are '89 and '96 (SRS warning light added) for the cluster gauges. There's also a different one for the 1275GT, and different ones for different territories. So if you're buying on E-bay especially make sure it's British spec. In Japan for example there's a seatbelt warning light, Italy requires other warning lamps for lighting (which may not hve been in the main binnacle) etc etc. If you look at the back of the cluster there's empty positions for warning lamps, most of which were used in some country or other.

#9 miniman207

miniman207

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

the type i need are smiths if anybody knows where there are some kicking about????

#10 Maisy87

Maisy87

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:24 PM

I have the same problem with my circuit sheet. I managed to find one on eBay with the sheet intact, I put a max bid in but forgot when it ended and lost out by a penny. Gutted. Only went for £5.

So, mines a 1987 Mayfair so I should need a smiths one right?

#11 StevenClarkuk

StevenClarkuk

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

Guys, what would happen if you got them mixed up.

I've got 1994 Sprite that I changed the clocks on quite possibly with a set from an early car....
Everything works except my fuel gauge... Constantly reads 40% full..

Do you think this might be why??

Steven

#12 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:00 PM

That'll be your fuel sender on your tank. Get a new one, run your fuel down low, change it and it should work normally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users