46 replies to this topic

#16 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yeah I intend to, although it's not a cheap trip - it costs me about a tenner a time to visit (including 2 quid each way to cross the Dartford toll crossing).

#17 miniman86

miniman86

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Local Club: smag, Waltham Abby

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

i would keep popping in and make my self a pain in the bum for him

hopefully this will move you up the order to get rid of you

I did that when he was doing my minivan... Popped in etc, but was only working on it when I was there watching him! he is a nice guy and I agree with what has been said above, he takes on more work than he can cope with, hence me taking back my van before I fell out with him. I hope you sort out your problems guys

#18 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

I've now been told my Mini will be ready the weekend after next.

Mind you, I seem to remember him saying something similar to that to me two years ago.

Cross your fingers for me everyone!

#19 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Fingers crossed, and looking forward to seeing the finished product.

#20 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Still waiting... >:(

#21 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

So this really is going from bad to worse now. I've basically been unable to reach Kel for several weeks now. Neither of the two phone numbers I have for him work anymore and,having acquired what I think is his new number (via research - not from him), he is ignoring my calls and texts. I have also emailed him and received no response. I have visited his garage a couple of times over the past month (Saturday being the most recent) to find the place locked up (although this time the neighbouring business did confirm he had been there earlier that day. I left a note taped to his door (in a waterproof plastic CD wallet!) asking that he phone me immediately to arrange the collection of my car and the parts that I have paid for straightaway or I would be exploring legal avenues but still I haven't had a response.

So basically he is now withholding my car and about a grand's worth of parts and appears to be just avoiding any contact with me. I think that this now amounts to theft?

Any advice on how best to proceed here would be appreciated.

#22 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Sad news. Sounds like you have come to a decision that enough is enough and its time to take your car back. 

I would speak to his neighbors and find out which day he is around most. Then turn up with a trailer and tell him you are taking the car. If he is a reasonable guy he will understand your reasons. 

I hope you get your RSP back in a good condition. If you need any parts pop over to the RSP Register forum and we should be able to point you in the right direction.

Jason

#23 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hmm unfortunately this is starting to not sound like the behaviour of a "reasonable guy".

Wow - it's just dawned on me that in 3 weeks time he'll have had my car for FOUR YEARS. Anyone beat that?

:withstupid:

#24 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

If it were me, I would be staking out his garage and pounce on him when he opened up. Obviously, you would need to be out of direct line of vision.

Hope you get it sorted.

#25 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Well well well. I have received a phone call this morning from the man himself. After a load of blustering excuses that I largely ignored (I've heard them all before in various configurations), he tells me that the car is finished and will be MoT'd on Friday.

Once again of course I will believe it when I see it. I have heard this all before.

#26 sherly

sherly

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Shame to read this - I met Kel several years ago (circa 2008) at his yard, along with a couple of other forum members - I bought a few early GT bits off him, via this forum.  Seemed like a top bloke, dunno if he was doing customer cars at that point, but it certainly didn't look like an organised garage outfit, more a bloke with a load of mini spares doing odd jobs working out of a lockup. 

Presumably he's not been on TMF any time recently?? 

#27 Deev

Deev

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I think he's enthusiastic enough about what he does - but he's not been able to successfully turn that around into a business, and used lies and excuses to try to cover up the shortcomings. He does give off the charisma of a nice guy when you're chatting to him - which is possibly why he's been able to string me along all of this time.

I've tried and tried and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt (I think giving him almost 4 years to complete work that should have taken a couple of months at most is testament that), but there comes a time when you realise someone is just taking the p*ss.

#28 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Well well well. I have received a phone call this morning from the man himself. After a load of blustering excuses that I largely ignored (I've heard them all before in various configurations), he tells me that the car is finished and will be MoT'd on Friday.

Once again of course I will believe it when I see it. I have heard this all before.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you; hope it goes well.

Let us know what happens on Friday and all being well pop some pics over on the RSP Register forum.

Jason

#29 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Do you have a fresh MOT and a shiny Mini at home? Deev

#30 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

^^^ hope so. Hope it is everything you anted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users