20 replies to this topic

#16 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

I've had a stormforce cover for about 3 years now. Its been on in sun, really bad wind, storms etc and its been fine until recently.

The roofs faded slightly but nothing major and its still waterproof.

Its only recently where it ripped down the side along one of the seams when it got taken roughly.

#17 drewsargent1980

drewsargent1980

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Local Club: Anglian Mini Club ( AMC )

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

Was looking into one of these covers but to be honest im a bit put off them now, can any one recommend a better alternative than one of these?

#18 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Was looking into one of these covers but to be honest im a bit put off them now, can any one recommend a better alternative than one of these?

I had one made for me by Classic Additions because they were recommended to me.
www.classicadditions.com/
I thought if they were good enough for Aston Martin and for Sir Stirling Moss they might just be good enough for my Mini.
I had a custom made lightweight cover which cost about £170 about three years ago.
It is mostly used to keep dust off the Mini where it is garaged but has been outside occasionally so I cannot comment on how good it is in outside weather conditions but the quality seems very good. It is breathable which is important.

#19 screech

screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

I'm very surprised to hear this, myself along with a few others in our Mini club have been using the cover-zone covers for years, with very minimal problems. Any problems that there have been, I know have been sorted without quibble.

They recently moved to a much bigger unit due to outgrowing their prevous unit and I know the guys there are very friendly and helpful.

Did you buy direct from them or through a distributer? Maybe worth a call to them direct..

Cheers.

#20 pothole

pothole

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

Bought mine from here: http://www.cover-zone.com/

Direct from manufacturer. Any problems, I just gave them a call and everything was always sorted straight away!

Then you are one of the lucky ones, all I got was excuses from this company, and that it was my fault that I let the weather destroy their cover.

I am now looking for a big enough tent to store the mini in, which on Ebay will be half the price of these covers, breathable and weatherproof.

pothole

#21 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Sorry to bump this thread, but my mini came with a stormforce cover which I use a lot (I had no issues with it yet). However, the instructions / care sheet was not with it.

Once wet (like today) I took it off to move the car, but want to put the cover back on for tonight. Is there any safe way to dry it quickly other than hang it up in a very large hot room!! I want to stick it in the tumbledryer on low heat, but have a feeling that will ruin it.

Is there any guidance on how to dry out the cover on the instruction sheet?

My car is not exactly in the sun much when the cover is on, so perhaps why the cover is lasting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users