3 replies to this topic

#1 adscooper

adscooper

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:13 PM

I am intending to fit a classic style roof mounted aerial. I have searched for releated threads and found out that the aerial wire needs to be routed through the n/s a-post. Obviously, i am going to have to drill a hole in the roof at the front, but my only concern is the partial removal of the front section of the headlining as i have heard this job is a nightmare. Anyone got any tips on removing this part of the headlining.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

take the door rubbers off and pull the head lining away from the metal lip :lol:

now there is just enough room to put your arms in this gap between the head lining and the roof to get to the back of the aerial and the wire :smartass:

if you want to remove the whole front section then your going to have to take out the front windscreen :P

#3 adscooper

adscooper

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

Cheers. I'll give that a try.

#4 Brumski

Brumski

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:45 PM

And route the cable down the OFFSIDE pillar. The nearside one already has the wiring for the rear of the car and it can be a bit tricky.

I ran a small wire down first and then taped the end of the coax to it and pulled it through.... easy peasy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users