Photo

Mobile Welding And Repairs. Rust And Repairs!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

sounds like its coming on. Im struggling to get time on the chop top at the moment, im restoring a triumph herald for a customer. Only about a days more welding on the mini, then it'll be on to the prep work and engine fitting.
Got a 1.8vvc k series for it now. want it done for london to brighton, but seams unlikely at the moment.
Gonna have to take it to the bodyshop with me and work on the triumph and Mini at same time.

#62 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Thought ill add a couple of pictures of a Mini and a MGB GT i worked on recently.
The Mini is in Audi Solar Orange with a jet black roof, only required some welding to the bottom of 1 door and then a full respray.
The MGB GT is in a Black Tulip colour. Looks black in poor light, but in the sun it comes out purple. Tooks loads of welding and prep work on this.

#63 HarryMini93

HarryMini93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hey mate do you offer engine services?

#64 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

yes i do. all mechanical work too.

#65 HarryMini93

HarryMini93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Okay, how much would it be for a thorough engine service?

#66 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

what engine is it? just need to know whether you want points, dizzy cap replaced.
And do you live in Manchester? Whether it is even worth asking me as would have to travel quite a distance and itll put your bill up.

#67 HarryMini93

HarryMini93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

It is a 998cc and i also need 4 spots welding so i will get back to you with what i fully need

#68 iDemonix

iDemonix

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hate to rain on your thread, but I've just found the amount of body filler used on the mini I bought off of you. Jesus H Christ. Watch your welds around the sills and floors too, the floor pan wasn't even connected to the sills. Plus tons of wire wheeled welds that weren't treated have now turned to rot on the wings, sigh.

#69 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hate to rain on your thread, but I've just found the amount of body filler used on the mini I bought off of you. Jesus H Christ. Watch your welds around the sills and floors too, the floor pan wasn't even connected to the sills. Plus tons of wire wheeled welds that weren't treated have now turned to rot on the wings, sigh.

Im sorry you got this on the mini. but i didnt touch the sills or floors on this mini. i have pictures of all work i done. i changed the rear valance, with alot of work to the boot floor. and also some welding around the rear wheel arches. wings and doors too.
The sills seamed solid to me and so i left them alone.
I would never have left it like this if i knew about it.
Im deffinatly not one to filler over dodgy repairs, and i totally resent that you have posted this on my trader page. if there was a problem then perhaps a personal message would have sorted this out.

#70 iDemonix

iDemonix

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Sorry Andy, was just a bit annoyed, I've had to replace both floor pans now as the other one fell out when the sill was cut, had a layer of filler holding all the metal on!

As for the boot floor, be careful with rear subby brackets! The rear bracket on the boot floor that mounts on the right to the subby, is off by about an inch, meaning got to cut out the floor and arch around it, weld in some patches, then a new bracket in the right place.

Not having a go at you, just some advice!

#71 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

Again, I didnt even take the subframe off to do the boot floor. It was only the rear section and lip that needed doing. I didnt move the bracket.
are you putting on a new subframe? Because they dont always line up and need moving about to fit. I have done enough minis to never get this wrong. One of the worse things you could do is tighten up the bolts first time, just a few threads until all the bolts are in, then tighten up.

Edited by Andyagl, 29 June 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#72 HarryMini93

HarryMini93

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

How much for a full spray?

#73 JakeJakeJake

JakeJakeJake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Are you making your own K series frame? If you are how much would you charge to make another one?

#74 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

How much for a full spray?

Well really depends on the amount of prep work. hardly any prep would be about 1000, up to 1500 for one or two panels changes and rust repairs.
And also if i need to strip the mini first, or if its something you can do.
Anything you can do to help is only going drop the price.

#75 Andyagl

Andyagl

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Are you making your own K series frame? If you are how much would you charge to make another one?

Yes i am making my own frame. As i have mine as a guide now i would charge around 450. I should have my engine running and be able to test everything out very soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users