No replies to this topic

#1 at6077

at6077

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

Been meaning to stick up a few pics for a while. I'll grab a couple of the interior tomorrow.

Anyway Boris was a gift to the new Wife, he aint perfect (far from perfect!) but he's a lot of fun to drive! Anyway enjoy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

things still to do (read dream list):

General health check (being done this wednesday.). Time to discover if there are any true rust horrors.

Spray front wing

re-spray left wing, its not quite the right colour

replace and spray the right wing (worrying amount of rust festering under the headlight)

put the second fog light back on (wasn't fixed on properly and nearly fell off shortly after picking boris up, need bigger washer)

Wire in the fog lights since they are purely decorative at the moment.

re-spray the roof white (tho i'm slowly growing quite fond of it as it is).

replace all the interior door handles etc with the walnut variety, i do like that wood effect.

replace spare tyre in the boot (the wheel looks worryingly rusty, tho I'm going to ask the garage if its still safe enough to use in the event of a puncture. It stays put if it is!

buy a new car jack after it was nicked/lost by the first garage i took boris to. Allready replaced the wheel nut wrench which also wen't "missing."

buy new boot liner (and try and get as much of the oil out of the boot as possible, dam that shoddy bottle of spare engine oil.)

Fix temperature gauge (appears to be stuck)

Fix heater (no heat, wonderful at blowing cold air tho!)

Buy 2 distributor shield plastic clips

Put in minimontys lovely gauges which he made for me. Again my thanks to you, they look fab!

The sad part is that I know we'll be parting ways with Boris soon since we're going off to Japan this winter and we'll need the funds (If I spot some minis out there I'll snap em and I think I'll be buying a mini again). Has to be the most fun I've had with a car.

There's nothing mechanically wrong with Boris, 2nd gear is a bit knotchy, but apart from that runs well. Mostly cosmetic really!

Edited by at6077, 25 July 2011 - 10:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users