#1 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: Crews missels

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hi everyone I building a Zcar buza at the moment and have just picked it up, so will start to swap things over real soon, even with the kids off school, I still want to get in the garage for a play. have to think where the water pipes are going now that the tunnel has been removed. and how best to seal it against water. I welcome your ideaPosted ImageDSC03418.jpgPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAre these shocker PROTECH as they seem different to others?Posted ImageThis is causing me trouble, as it seems the alloy hole dose not seem big enough for a socket to grip the nut. Is this zcar design fault, or can it just be drilled out?

#2 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

I wouldn't drill it out :| It doesn't look right that's for sure, Unless it's designed to be like that...

E-mail Zcars with an attached image or upload an image to imageshack and link them to the picture...

I'm sure they will help...

#3 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hi everyone I building a Zcar buza at the moment and have just picked it up, so will start to swap things over real soon, even with the kids off school, I still want to get in the garage for a play. have to think where the water pipes are going now that the tunnel has been removed. and how best to seal it against water. I welcome your ideaPosted ImageDSC03418.jpgPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAre these shocker PROTECH as they seem different to others?Posted ImageThis is causing me trouble, as it seems the alloy hole dose not seem big enough for a socket to grip the nut. Is this zcar design fault, or can it just be drilled out?

howdy,

the parts you have are correct but there should be 4 nuts supplied by Zcars which are 16 or 17mm and you need a thin walled socket, i have seen people on here with the same question 3 or 4 times, i would have thought Zcars would have made this a bit easier to follow for customers building up the front ends. im sure when you buy a new ball joint, you get a 19mm headed nut which looks like what you have in the picture.

yes the shockers look like protech.

you would be better putting a tunnel back in the car as you will need to run fuel pipe, battery cables,coolant hoses, and maybe oil pipes. plus you will need to fit gear lever etc.. maybe speak to Zcars and see if they can do a vtec centre console as they look good when fitted. plus you can fit switches on it for lights etc.

Ed

Edited by edsmini, 12 August 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#4 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

Looks good, like the colour.

What are the advantages of having a flat floor?

#5 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone I building a Zcar buza at the moment and have just picked it up, so will start to swap things over real soon, even with the kids off school, I still want to get in the garage for a play. have to think where the water pipes are going now that the tunnel has been removed. and how best to seal it against water. I welcome your ideaDSC03418.jpgAre these shocker PROTECH as they seem different to others?This is causing me trouble, as it seems the alloy hole dose not seem big enough for a socket to grip the nut. Is this zcar design fault, or can it just be drilled out?

howdy,

the parts you have are correct but there should be 4 nuts supplied by Zcars which are 16 or 17mm and you need a thin walled socket, i have seen people on here with the same question 3 or 4 times, i would have thought Zcars would have made this a bit easier to follow for customers building up the front ends. im sure when you buy a new ball joint, you get a 19mm headed nut which looks like what you have in the picture.

you would be better putting a tunnel back in the car as you will need to run fuel pipe, battery cables,coolant hoses, and maybe oil pipes. plus you will need to fit gear lever etc.. maybe speak to Zcars and see if they can do a vtec centre console as they look good when fitted. plus you can fit switches on it for lights etc.

Ed

As Ed says you need a thin walled socket some iron mongers will stock the nuts with the same thread but smaller hex which may also help

We do have the raised tunnels instock for the Vtec feel free to email or call me

we have changed supplier of the dampers so they may not be protech but they are still the correct items

Steve
ZCars

Edited by ZCars Steve, 12 August 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#6 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

howdy,

Ed

Hi Ed do you mean fit a tunnel on the inside to hide the pipes away? as to hide the rally look of bare pipes and cables!

#7 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Looks good, like the colour.

What are the advantages of having a flat floor?

Thanks, the colour is ford RS green, and the advantage if you can call it that of a flat floor is aerodynamic as it was meant to have a rear diffuser added. I believe the floor has had to be strengthen.

#8 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hi Steve,

As I have two Zcars subframes, and shockers, which is the best shockers? as I will sell the other car and spare kit later to recoup some money.
Thanks Lee

#9 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hi everyone I building a Zcar buza at the moment and have just picked it up, so will start to swap things over real soon, even with the kids off school, I still want to get in the garage for a play. have to think where the water pipes are going now that the tunnel has been removed. and how best to seal it against water. I welcome your ideaDSC03418.jpgAre these shocker PROTECH as they seem different to others?This is causing me trouble, as it seems the alloy hole dose not seem big enough for a socket to grip the nut. Is this zcar design fault, or can it just be drilled out?

howdy,

Ed

As Ed says you need a thin walled socket some iron mongers will stock the nuts with the same thread but smaller hex which may also help

We do have the raised tunnels instock for the Vtec feel free to email or call me

we have changed supplier of the dampers so they may not be protech but they are still the correct items

Steve
ZCars

Hi steve ,
as i have 2 Zcar kits which is the better shocks? as I will sell the other kit later to recoup some money.
Thanks Lee

#10 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

Posted Image
here is my other shell it already has the kit inside it.This is a busa kit. and the green one is a Vtec kit so needs a little trim for exhausts. which is a shame to spoil that paint work.
Posted Image
busa kit MK2
Posted Image
This is what I would like to do to fuel filler
Posted Image
Will have to do it all again in reverse.I never pick the easy choice. I am blind to it.
Posted Image
nice touch!!
Posted Image
I had made it flush with dash to make it seem neater, as I did not like the sick on look. not sure it was worth all the time and effort of blue peter stile cutting & sticking.
Posted Image
I I just love this door mod. its so sweet! top lever is door opener. from Monte Carlo. all the stuff will come off the black mini and be fitted into green mini, with a bit of help from you guys. This flat floor may cause me a head ache. I may need your ideas on this one.

#11 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Well things did not go to plan for me, as this would of taken me far to much time money and effort, so have sold it on to Alex. Its a lovely car and a shame I could not comitt to it. So have got back into finishing off my black mini. Best of luck with your build Alex.

#12 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

So many people sell off these kind of projects
I guess you really really REALLY have to plan alot before commiting
Making sure you have the money,time and space eh?

#13 KTM kid

KTM kid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

True words.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users