MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

take a look at this someone has listed on ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cf98bd210 hope they get them back.

Gutted for him, stunning cars

#17 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

Well there are small things we as a community could do, isnt there?

Plus im sure there was a no id van shell up for sale last week and the guy said he could get a v5 for extra price?

Anyone even go see it?

This one I think:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mini-van-shell-/...=item1c1dadcd1d

Thank you

Yes that shell looks pretty darn good, suspicion of it just being stripped and where on earth is it parked?

take a look at this someone has listed on ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cf98bd210 hope they get them back.

What was it? the item has been removed and ended?

good news they may have been then? ha

Its not just minis though, it's all classic cars that are easyer to steal and worth money!

I did mention it was just minis, i was mentioning it because minis are OUR community and we need to do something

#18 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Urgh

Just found out some real horrible news

From a reliable source i found out that minis about 70% are NOT i repeat NOT being stolen to be sold on or imported and the reason they are never found again is because they are all being sold for scrap metal as the price for scrap metal these days is through the roof

Your car is stolen, transported, stripped quickly, body sold as it is and part sold else where

so it can never be traced, they dont care that these cars are classics they see them as having a lot of GOOD metal on them etc

#19 scallyscouser

scallyscouser

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

this an all site's, shud av a security feature were u can go to your account page or settings an be able to see who has viewed your pictures or profile recently an how many times that way it rules out fellow members been accused who are innocent an finding the one's who are upto no good

#20 muddd001

muddd001

TMFs Calender King

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

If you really love your mini, fit a tracker, CCTV or Clamp. So Mini's don't get scraped!!!!

#21 new_zealand _minis

new_zealand _minis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Local Club: wellington new zealand

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

over here in nz .. you can easly get $20ish +++ thousand (10,000 pound .. say 1997 to 2000. maby even more ... i have seen parts you seem to be able to buy dirt cheap in the uk sell over here for an arm and a leg

#22 joshspragg

joshspragg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Local Club: M4 minis

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

well i suggest maybe having more security over your car. even if its in a garage and you have an alarm, put the alarm on. i got an immobiliser and its easy enough just to turn it on. park it close to other cars and in clear view. i'd hate for my car to get stolen especially by people who dont even care about your pride and joy.

#23 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Bolt a hook to the floor and beefy chain and lock onto the mini toe or subframe. Noise of cutting the chain will wake you up. Angle grinders dont do silencers

#24 rallycross

rallycross

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

also when parking up if by a kerb or wall park it on full lock in towards the kerb with steering lock on so it cant get easily dragged away.

#25 miniman94

miniman94

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

If they are being scrapped then why are scrap yards not picking up on this? most of them are far too good to be legitimately scrapped. If I worked at a scrap yard and someone tried scrapping a good condition mini i would be immediately suspicious. and if it was my car i would be quite happy to give the scrapyard a reward for turning the car in.

#26 yeti21586

yeti21586

He's A Lumberjack And He's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,714 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Local Club: None

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

because most scrap yards are on the fiddle as well

#27 scallyscouser

scallyscouser

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1562wt_1185

maybe nothink but think some 1 shud go this guys compond an av a nose round awful lot ov mini's in 1 place

#28 woodenman23

woodenman23

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

He has so many he could hold his own mini show

Just viewed 'sellers other items', he has 53 mini's for sale on ebay :o

Edited by woodenman23, 16 September 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#29 pete79

pete79

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Before we all jump to conclusions because someone on eBay has a lot of Minis, it might be worth checking things out. I'm pretty sure 'GC Motors ltd' is a pretty well known Mini dealer. I think they advertise in Miniworld too.

http://www.gcminis.co.uk/

(I'm nothing to to with them and have never dealt with them in any way I'd like to add)

#30 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

maybe there should be a bait car set, something that looks pretty tastey (but in reality its a proper lemon of a mini full of filler etc and painted up nice) nice wheels n the usual external mods, and fit a tracker, secret cameras, movement detectors so it can let you know when its been lifted, and follow it to where they dissapear to so often, find the source, find the minis....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users