No replies to this topic

#1 DaveJH

DaveJH

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

A friend of mine entered a design competition and could stand to win a VERY good computer. As a computer aided designer this would really transform the work he can do. The competition is to design a 3D mouse concept for the future. His design is great but he's 18 votes behind the leader (currently) despite, in my view (as an amateur modeller), having a much better concept. If anyone has any spare time I'd really appreciate you voting for him! Here's his idea:

Posted Image

"I wanted to design a product that would combine a 3D mouse, keyboard and tablet in one device. The design consists of 3 touch screens and the 3D controller. The multiple touch screens would replace standard buttons and provide endless customization. The main touch screen can be used as a secondary monitor with touch capabilities, a keyboard or standard track pad. The smaller screen above the 3D controller would act much like a modern smartphone. It would display things like RSS feeds, news, calenders, weather, applications and music. The circular screen around the 3D controller would display different icons and would allow the user to "spin" the menu to the desired icon set. The top surface would be a single sheet of glass giving the product a clean and elegant look."

Here's a link to the voting page, his is the second down. To vote you enter your email address, get emailed a confirmation link and follow the link. There is no spamming involved, I don't think they keep your email address, it's just a way of keeping people from spamming the voting system.

Let me know if you vote. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users