11 replies to this topic

#1 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Can anyone give the measurment between the seat box in middle to where I need to cut for busa kit new style. I think I have cut to much and need to add metal back in and would like to no how much I'm gonna need
Thanks

#2 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Wont you be able to tell once you have installed the cage?

#3 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Phone Zcars as there could be different dimensions depending on your application

Ed

#4 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

I am in the states and my phone won't call out of country. And yes I have put in the side bars and it pushed my rear wheel back into the back bumper. I made my floor cut with getting the back wheel centered and now that I am fitting the side bar it pushes the wheel back. I am gonna half to add metal back in and just trying to get the measurment so I can add what I need to add

#5 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Do the trailing arms have the rose joints to adjust the wheelbase? Not sure what the kits look like these days!

#6 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

I am in the states and my phone won't call out of country. And yes I have put in the side bars and it pushed my rear wheel back into the back bumper. I made my floor cut with getting the back wheel centered and now that I am fitting the side bar it pushes the wheel back. I am gonna half to add metal back in and just trying to get the measurment so I can add what I need to add

#7 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

I will half to look when I get home and see

#8 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

start from the front, put the front roll cage in and bolt the door bars in place and then make sure the full lot is pushed forward until its resting against the dash rail, thats the way i done mine anyways !! the rear wheel does not sit centre in the arch, it will sit towards the rear of the arch

Ed

#9 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Yeah in the dvd I got it was telling my to put the back in first but it also gave me measurments for old kit too where the exhaust went under the motor

#10 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

yeh i think it is time that Zcars put together some simple to follow diagrams for people to follow as the dvd is quite out dated compared to the new spec. it can be difficult to fit if you have no starting point. the race spec frame is a little easier as it bolts to the top of the front subframe tower bolts.

Ed

#11 tomjohnson

tomjohnson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

I asked Zcars the same question and got told the bike kits are now the same cut measurement as the Honda kit, (655mm)

That’s what I've cut mine to for a Busa kit but yet to fit to make sure it's right

Tom

#12 lonoma01

lonoma01

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Well I just did what I didnt want to do. I checked the offset to make sure my wheel was in as far as possible and it was at that 655mm measurment and my wheel was back into the rear fender. So I cut the three back parts of the side bar down 2.25 inches to get my wheel centered and now everything is fitting better gotta weld some clamps back on tonight and get everything bolted down and then off to body shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users