214 replies to this topic

#196 Volf

Volf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:23 PM

Im just sorry I didnt go this year... :waa: Mind you, V got a bit wet as well, but the day was good... apart from being trampabled half to death in the moshpit!

#197 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

good to see DogMatix, minivanman and a few others there this time round - and the drunk dude who for some reason wouldn't leave us alone! The atmosphere was great and our club certainly had a good time between ourselves.

However theres apparently a bit if an uproar on various other sites regarding a ocnbination of the lack of facilities, the sheep poo, and the lack of entertainment and freebies to the paying camper... and I have to agree it was a shell out for well not a lot coming back!

#198 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:53 PM

Facilities were alright for the ladies...considering we had 1 1/2 trailers to ourselves!

The drunk dude was utterly terrifying! God knows where he came from...and was "drinking" from an empty Martini bottle! Glad we made up some poor excuse to run away and pointing him in the other direction!

#199 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

i bet the drunk guy was one sore puppy in the morning. he'd have been even more sore if mart had hit him one back!

#200 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:06 PM

Hehe...would have sobered him up a bit tho!

#201 Goldeeno

Goldeeno

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local Club: The RCMOC (Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club) (www.rcmoc.org)

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:34 PM

I thought the show was good, bar the prices involved and the fact no window sticker of freebies where given out ;D. It was the cars and Club stands that made the show this year, so well done.

Took a load of photos, if your bored and fancy a look the link is below:

http://goldeeno.zoto.com/galleries

#202 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

i bet the drunk guy was one sore puppy in the morning. he'd have been even more sore if mart had hit him one back!

Oh hell yes, would of been an early night for him!

IMO why do people get that bad? I bet he could hardly remember what he actully did that night! ;D

#203 ]GoD[Zander

]GoD[Zander

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:20 AM

mitp this year wasn't as good as last year in fact no where near. there was no music and there wasn't many minis in the show so the turn out wasn't that great. but enjoyed the the weekend me and hannah found other ways to keep out of the rain. sadly didn't see many of you guys there maybe the next show will be better

#204 dan03uk

dan03uk

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:44 AM

Hi went for the first time thought it was quite good, but suppose i have nothing to compare it to. Any one see the new mini on the autotest circuit, man that thing was C**p. Was just wondering if any one knows if the british mini day and the national mini show are any good and how they compare to the mitp

#205 Jobu

Jobu

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Local Club: 16vminiclub

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:46 AM

Was my second mini show i had been to, last one was sandon hall and MITP was loads better! Weather was abit of a let down, but didnt spoil my day. Looking around so many minis was great, and the standard of them was quite high, i had always thought my mini would never be good enough to be a show mini but i soon realised that i was so wrong.

Next show for me will probably be L2B or MITP 2007 but with my own mini to show off, really looking forward to that :(

Would be good to meet some of you next time too! ;D

#206 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

I thought the show was good, bar the prices involved and the fact no window sticker of freebies where given out :(. It was the cars and Club stands that made the show this year, so well done.

Took a load of photos, if your bored and fancy a look the link is below:

http://goldeeno.zoto.com/galleries

Some realy dodgy photo's on there ;D

#207 lew

lew

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Local Club: mmm

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

i went this year just to the show not camping but last year was much better there was alot more people and minis plus the night b4 was good aswell maybe next year will be better . hopefully i will have a different , much faster mini to go in lol

#208 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

Should of said u were going, could of met up with u, and convoyed back if u wanted.

#209 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

Sorry in advance I have a video and photos well on the way but my editing time for this video is astronimical - going through 30mins of video and 150 photos for a 5minute cram is friking hard! Should be finished tonite fingers crossed.

#210 Jake Blues

Jake Blues

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,955 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

like a MR Blues being sick inside his tent :dozing:

Who told you that?......I hadn't had any carbs it seems :D

However theres apparently a bit if an uproar on various other sites regarding a ocnbination of the lack of facilities, the sheep poo, and the lack of entertainment and freebies to the paying camper...

It's always like that! At least this year we got toilets, two years ago they took them away at 6.30am and there wasn't any beer tents/burger bars till last year either!

On a lighter side......does anyone know which two lightweight lads only drank half a small bottle of whiskey between them in girly pink water bottles, then couldn't get up in the morning and had to go home?.............. :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users