1 reply to this topic

#1 SomeRandomPerson

SomeRandomPerson

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

To cut a long story short I've been driving like a dick for the last few weeks and done damage to my car involving curbs,

First one was the front offside wheel I hit a curb at about 25 and took the tyre right off the rim (quite a knock) and after this had to go around on my spare and the steering hadn't felt right since, a tie rod bolt snapping off and ball joint popping out later I replaced the steering rack, the tie rod bolt on the offside and the nearside hub (bottom thread had cross threaded badly) so put another hub on and since all this the replacement hub has given me positive camber on that side which Is odd but were pretty sure it was fine before.. Advice on that please (been told the subframe may have bent?)

Now to the rear of the car, I Hit a curb attempting a J-Turn..fast enough in all honesty which a week later we noticed the rear wheels were toeing in and had "slight positive camber" apparently.

I've been told at the rear of the car there is some kind of adjuster or something which may have been shoved forward which can be put back but I am unsure about this.. Help please :) oh and when I take a right hand corner a bit quick the rear wheel rubs (shock could have gone?). Well there ya go..please don't comment n say another dick head boy racer as I've learnt my mistakes now and am driving sensibly as I cannot afford to pay out like this again (£100 is a lot of money to me) :)

#2 SomeRandomPerson

SomeRandomPerson

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

That is the nearside read wheel rubs, the rest in fine and if it's a wet day the read tries to slide on right hand turns..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users