2 replies to this topic

#1 Shagsta

Shagsta

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:10 AM

Has any one from New Zealand bought a Z Cars kit for there mini and if so was it for the bike engine or Honda engine. Also was it hard to get complied if it is on the road over here? And how much did it cost? Cheers any help appreciated.

#2 new_zealand _minis

new_zealand _minis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Local Club: wellington new zealand

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

it shuld be very doable .with our rules. after seeing the r1 fiat 500 ... im keen to know this aswell . even know i dont have that kind of money now . im real keen to do a bike engined one

#3 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Local Club: Waikato Mini Club

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Im also keen on this as I am looking at getting one in the next 6 months.. I really want to know if the cage can be homologated here in NZ and if the car in total can be road registered? I think the issue will be creating a firewall between the cabin and engine bay (rear seat) as I would imagine it needs to be sealed off. I would also think the zcars fuel tank may be another issue.. not sure why?? Also creating a floor pan for the rear half (under the engine and in the boot) floor pan and firewall will not be a major but if you got the cage in which is $$$ and it doesnt meet requirements then youre screwed!!!

Edited by joyce1bro, 10 May 2012 - 02:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users