#661 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:48 AM

That pickup looks like an awesome little project.

#662 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

Cheers guys !! And ahh I'll defo be going back to the scrappy to show them it!! They all thought I was mad when I brought it !! Including one bloke there who's actually a mini guy !!

#663 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:55 AM

I would defo do the same, its a credit to you mate. Vans are getting rare and defo worth saving :)

#664 venkman

venkman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:17 AM

Don't mean to be rude, what sort of money you looking at for a pick up I know their rare, that one you've got looks pretty good especially compared to van.

Thanks

#665 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:01 AM

Thanks guys appreciate the kind words, and the pick up isn't for sale sorry.

Well this weekend I hoped to get the engine in and running, well that's didn't go to plan.

Got the engine out of my other mini, got it stripped and re-painted. I then got the engine in no problem, in fact went in a lot easier than I thought everything is just falling into place.

Then!!!!! This brand new loom just doesn't seem to work, I've only got power at fuse 2, which according to the wiring diagram is correct, but have nothing at 1 3 4, traced it all back via a wiring diagram and it pointed to the ignition barrel being faulty. My ignition barrel is brand new, so thought ild try 2 others I had and made no difference! So I spent most of yesterday tracing electrics (which I hate with a passion) instead of getting engine is plumbed in and built back up.
The wiring colour on my loom for the fusebox is slightly different to all the looms in the Haynes, going to ring auto sparks and get them to get a diagram over.

Will crack on tonight and hope I was being stupid and missed something easy from being tired.

Engine running to out and on the floor in 47 minutes

20160806_165625_zpsagbxgymp.jpg

20160806_165627_zpsctl4bjov.jpg

Fresh lick of paint and dropped in.

20160807_183114_zpsaiyxwyoj.jpg

The heritage bulkhead is crap ! The plate for the engine steady is welding on way to low causing my bracket to bend down! Luckily this can only be seen from the angle the picture was taken.

20160807_211143_zpsp8cf1wxx.jpg

I've rebuilt the heater

20160807_004209_zps73faqgtq.jpg

Hand brake cables fitted, new drums and brakes lines and hoses made and fitted.

20160806_203906_zpsqgkeid82.jpg

20160806_203920_zpsmgl4gmgn.jpg

Late night Saturday working till around half 1

More updates tonight.

Thanks Dan

#666 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:06 AM

Looks like it's coming together mate don't blame you with the wiring comment I bloody hate wiring. Hope it sorted tonight dude. Liking the BMC green engine looks good in that engine bay.

#667 Squares

Squares

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

Hi mate, just checked in on your project for the first time in ages. FAIR PLAY TO YOU!

The metal work you have done there is a crazy amount. Well done, loving the OEW and other projects too.

Good luck and keep going.

Cheers,

Rich.

#668 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

Thanks guys!! And that ks rich appreciate it :) it's taken a lot of metal work but in my eyes worth every single bit,

Now I've have some pretty awesome news !! I sorted the wiring out ! Was down to a dodgy connector on my so called new loom, so I now have that fully working but I've something even better !! She runs !!!! Tonight I'll be building her hubs and drive shafts up, shes currently sat on some old ones to move it about and she might even drive, if I can find the gear selector anyways!

20160808_221851_zpsip768mix.jpg

20160808_221917_zpsit7vbtov.jpg

20160808_221930_zpscnpuasnl.jpg

The engine still need the water plumbing in and exhast putting on ect, but can't do any of that until tank has been sorted, hopefully get chance to do that tonight.

Here a short video of it running, it sounds lumpy as it's got a 276 and running cold with out choke.

https://youtu.be/AGSqS9nWrIM

Thanks danny

More updates tomorrow

#669 Mr Frosty

Mr Frosty

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

Looking great.

Have fun with the tank!! hope it goes better than SAL's

Still struggling to get mine painted, yours give me some motivation to get on with it. 

#670 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

Good work mate, really looking forward to seeing this around

#671 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

Wicked news mate! a running restored mini van! fingers crossed everything else falls into place for you :)

#672 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

Cheers guys ! I've not tries to fit the tank since before paint, it didn't fit to bad then but I can hope it still does fit OK, cheers guys can't wait to get it out and about, last night I didn't get much done I was absolutely shattered, hardly slept all week trying to get this built, so went and got my hubs and shafts built, but in tiredness I put cv grease in the wheel bearings, so at that point I thought to myself I need to go get a good night's sleep, will go later on and clean them out and replace with the correct grease.

Only picture I got last night

IMG_20160809_223221_zpsokiysflj.jpg

More updates soon

#673 pjaki14

pjaki14

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

good luck . both envious and not :) 

#674 TarmacAdam

TarmacAdam

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

Bloody hell just come across this hats of mate mega project hell of a lot of work but well worth the effort you've done a mint job pal

#675 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:04 AM

Cheers guys and yup can't wait to see her on the road after all the work.

Got a bit more done last night, went ti go help a mate with his mini to get it running so didnt get as much time on the van but got my hubs and drive shafts fitted after redoing wheel bearing with correct grease, also got my 7.5 brakes fitted up. Also cleaned up the gear selector and got that fitted.

IMG_20160810_230617_zpsjofqwaxg.jpg

Tonight I'm gonna clean tank up give it a lick of paint and hopefully get that fitted then I can fit exhaust up and can have a drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users