#31 hobnob888

hobnob888

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

I went with insure2drive fully comp and windscreen cover and i got £1371 its only a 998 but i valued it at £2500 and valuing it lower didnt make a difference, i also put both my parents as name drivers on it and im only 17

Edited by hobnob888, 12 January 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#32 sam138

sam138

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

spoke to Peter james insurance today and their reply was that at the moment they are only insuring triumph and Mg for young drivers and that they are hoping they will be able to get others makes insured in the near future, told me to ring near the end of the month and they may know a bit more info hope this helps .

Sam

#33 Scorp

Scorp

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I went with insure2drive fully comp and windscreen cover and i got £1371 its only a 998 but i valued it at £2500 and valuing it lower didnt make a difference, i also put both my parents as name drivers on it and im only 17

insure2drive quote me 7000! i dont understand

#34 123jamesrob

123jamesrob

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Local Club: Half Pint Minis/MiniUniverse

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

what if your already insured by Footman James?

#35 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Please remember that just saying you think your car is worth £2,500 does not mean the policy will be on an agreed valuation basis.

#36 Minis RJL

Minis RJL

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

And i presume you have 0 No claims? I've passed my test today and have been looking for insurance for a while, i bought my mini whilst footman james were offering insurance to younger drivers, i was 17 and qouted 1.2k.. best i can find now is 3.1k. did you phone insure2drive up for this qoute mate? Thx.

#37 Scorp

Scorp

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

And i presume you have 0 No claims? I've passed my test today and have been looking for insurance for a while, i bought my mini whilst footman james were offering insurance to younger drivers, i was 17 and qouted 1.2k.. best i can find now is 3.1k. did you phone insure2drive up for this qoute mate? Thx.

Where did you get your quote of 3.1k from?

#38 hobnob888

hobnob888

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Right, i passed august 20th got insured the same day, i did it all online, yeah 0 no claims, try put your parents on it as named drivers, unless they have a recent conviction, but try it anyway can make up to £500 cheaper, also their occupation can make a difference, such as boiler man and heating enginner is the same thing but boiler man is cheaper? dont know how that works :S umm ever insurance company i tried thought my mini had 5 seats, and i really cant see that possible, so change that and that makes a little difference. The only thing i can think is it due to the area you live in, my post code covers no major roads so accidents are low and so is the crime in my area you see, ummm your annual mileage also, further where you park it, sometimes on the drive isnt as good due to letter box thefts and so on as they know where they can target the keys. ummmmm cant think of anything else at the moment. And as for the valuing of it, i paid 1500 and ive put in about £1000 into it, so, and labour, so if someone smashes into me and writes it off, I'm gettting what i've put into, especially after us young drivers have to pay so much for our insurance, and the amount of money people do pay for mini's, i can only hope :L we should all get what we deserve.

#39 Minis RJL

Minis RJL

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Right, i passed august 20th got insured the same day, i did it all online, yeah 0 no claims, try put your parents on it as named drivers, unless they have a recent conviction, but try it anyway can make up to £500 cheaper, also their occupation can make a difference, such as boiler man and heating enginner is the same thing but boiler man is cheaper? dont know how that works :S umm ever insurance company i tried thought my mini had 5 seats, and i really cant see that possible, so change that and that makes a little difference. The only thing i can think is it due to the area you live in, my post code covers no major roads so accidents are low and so is the crime in my area you see, ummm your annual mileage also, further where you park it, sometimes on the drive isnt as good due to letter box thefts and so on as they know where they can target the keys. ummmmm cant think of anything else at the moment. And as for the valuing of it, i paid 1500 and ive put in about £1000 into it, so, and labour, so if someone smashes into me and writes it off, I'm gettting what i've put into, especially after us young drivers have to pay so much for our insurance, and the amount of money people do pay for mini's, i can only hope :L we should all get what we deserve.

thanks a lot mate, il give all this a go and hopfully it helps, thanks again :D

#40 Scorp

Scorp

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Who are you insured with, hobnob?

#41 hobnob888

hobnob888

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

It's alright, let me know how it goes, just remember, don't drive like a mong and it'll go to down a hell of a lot, mines looking about £700 when i renew.

I'm insured with Insure2Drive

Edited by hobnob888, 12 January 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#42 Scorp

Scorp

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

wait. insure2drive? they quote me 7000 :(

#43 hobnob888

hobnob888

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, read what i put just further up and try everything, dont just do one quote, try with and with parents, where its kept, mileage, occupation, if your a student but have a part time job, try it with and with the part time job, it felt like an eternity before i found a good quote, you could always try and see if doing pass plus would make a difference, but its only worth it if it saves you more that £150 or however much they charge in your area

#44 MiniLuke

MiniLuke

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

wait. insure2drive? they quote me 7000 :(

The difference between Preston and Suffolk I guess?

#45 Scorp

Scorp

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Most probably. Its so frustrating having the mini waiting for me but the only thing holding me back is insurance, could cry lol

Edited by Scorp, 12 January 2012 - 07:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users