#91 hobnob888

hobnob888

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

£670 is really good though, im looking to pay more than that for my second year with 1 years NC's

#92 miniladyuk

miniladyuk

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

jb...we got exactly the same from Footman James for my son who has (had) a mini 850.
He's selling it now and has a golf 1.6, but I did get a quote of about £1600 through Graham Sykes insurance if that helps?

#93 jb93

jb93

TMF Noddy Badge holder officially.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

jb...we got exactly the same from Footman James for my son who has (had) a mini 850.
He's selling it now and has a golf 1.6, but I did get a quote of about £1600 through Graham Sykes insurance if that helps?

Thanks for the advice, but I've got a reasonable quote elsewhere. If that doesn't go through though, I'll certainly have a look :thumbsup:.

Edited by jb93, 19 January 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#94 fordson

fordson

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

these prices are getting stupid 2 years ago when i was 17 i was paying 1200 fully comp on a 1275. another thing to take into consideraton is where you live the prices can change massively (obvously you not going to move to get cheaper car insurance)

#95 mini1.3

mini1.3

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Local Club: r.c.m.o.c

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

i think now a few people(17-21) year old will now be selling minis which is sad thinking about because ive had mii's since i can remember and ok the hle is the first one i could drive on the road legally now i cant afford to inusre it so looks like feista's saxo's and corsa's seem the next option as you can get some cheap insurance on them going to the right places

#96 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Well, my mum uses it to go to the shops now and then and my dad uses it sometimes.
At the same time though, how can anyone argue with you that you drive it more, can't really be proved either way.

Apart from the fact that you have just openly admitted to it here on a public forum!! >_<

i have a 1994 1275cc injection mayfair. i'm 17 but car is registered as my mam's and she has insured it as her second car on top of her existing policy

Insurers aren't stupid and will already be suspicious of any parent that suddenly acquires a small, low powered second car and insures their teenage offspring on it (this has been widely covered in the media and here on TMF many times). But if your insurer was in any doubt, you openly admitting to it on a public forum alongside a picture of your car with it's registration number displayed and also where you live in the country, is only going to confirm their suspicions! To make matters worse, you have also done this in the insurance area of a public motoring forum that is known to be frequented by insurers themselves (who as we all know, are well known for sharing information between themselves).

Seriously posting that here was a very unwise thing to do. If I were you, I would now seriously consider swapping to your own policy and paying the full premium otherwise you may well find yourself with an invalid policy should you ever need to make a claim.

Edited by AVV IT, 20 January 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#97 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

Thats naughty, id never do a thing like that...

I pay about 780 quid thrid party Footman and James and i was 19 when i took the policy out.

On renewal im expecting to pay at least £1000 third party at some other company.
Anything less will be a bonus if im honest.

#98 srh007

srh007

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Well I passed my test on the 17th of this month, and I am 18 and looking for insurance and LV have been the cheapest since FJ stopped quoting prices! It's gonna be £980ish for TPF&T £0 excess! ;D

Not bad!

#99 jb93

jb93

TMF Noddy Badge holder officially.

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Well I passed my test on the 17th of this month, and I am 18 and looking for insurance and LV have been the cheapest since FJ stopped quoting prices! It's gonna be £980ish for TPF&T £0 excess! ;D

Not bad!

Errrrrrrrrrrr how? I'm getting quotes of £1800 from them, and I've been driving for a year!

Edited by jb93, 20 January 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#100 minimalbert

minimalbert

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local Club: Yes

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think the problem here lies with the Underwriters,

Both Peter James and Footman James use Equity Red Star as they're underwriter for under 25 policies (if not all policies) and as off this year, the underwriter has hiked prices up for under 25's, making it virtually inpossible for them to be competitive atall, even to the point where they cannot insure you. I think Footman James and Peter James will be sending letters to all their under 25 policy holders explaining the situaton when they are due to renew. After playing £800 last year.. i dread to think what it may be this year when i renew in march! I think its a case of the mini stays in the garage this year and gets money spend on it .. rather than ridiculas amounts on insurance!

#101 Matt29992

Matt29992

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Wanderers/Charnwood Minis

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

I rang up footman james a few weeks about a quote and they said something along the lines of 'were struggling to insure younger drivers as there young driver sector has been having problems with a company (something like that) and its best if i try again in febuary when it my have been sorted' That was at the start of the month, not sure if that helps anyone in any way.

Iv noticed price comparision arnt to bad at the moment, im 19 with 2yrs ncb and can get insured on a 998cc for £650, putting parents as named drivers drops price by £100 per person added for me. Hope that helps

#102 COXY_92

COXY_92

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

i am 20 years old and my first car is a 1986 998cc mayfair and my insurance is £765 for the year with 0 years no claims. so it can be cheap just gotta shop about. ( this was flux direct )

#103 cooperdan

cooperdan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,729 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

i am 20 years old and my first car is a 1986 998cc mayfair and my insurance is £765 for the year with 0 years no claims. so it can be cheap just gotta shop about. ( this was flux direct )

Thats really good..

But then it goes on alot of factors, location, age, car (obviously) limited milage, on drive etc etc

#104 srh007

srh007

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Not bad!

Errrrrrrrrrrr how? I'm getting quotes of £1800 from them, and I've been driving for a year!

Well, that's TPF&T and one years NCB from my provisional insurance, and my Mum on as a named driver, but me as the main. Then I got a £1100ish price from insure2drive. And then rung Adrian Flux this afternoon, £1426.90!! Way over LV prices!!

FJ quoted me £870ish earlier in the year when I asked with no NCB!! :mmkay:

Never mind!

Anybody any other companies to try?

#105 Spitfire12

Spitfire12

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

Christ what are you putting on the insurance to get it that low!? Lol. I'm 21, 0 years no claims, live in a low risk area and my cheapest is £932....That's fully comp but it's cheaper than TPF&T and TP for me.

Edited by Spitfire12, 29 January 2012 - 12:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users