#16 stevede

stevede

As seen on TV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

I notice on both yours and Ousters, that the trigger wheel is inboard of the pulley. I had thought of using a stadard ring & machining to fit but guessed it would always be on the outside. Can I ask how you have fitted it. (machined flange, weld bolt etc). Did you start with a standard pulley? (Ousters looks slightly different)

My trigger wheel is held onto a standard pulley with six M4 stainless screws passing through the wheel and into tapped holes in the damper weight. The trigger wheel can go on the other side of the pulley, but it turns fan belt replacement from a 5 minute job into an hours fight as there isn't enough room to fit the belt between the trigger wheel and the engine mount. If you mounted the wheel on the outside of the pulley to replace the belt you'd have to split the engine from the mount.

These are exactly the tips that I need, thank you. I was thinking a groove (rebate) machined in the outer edge but bolting to the rear will save me having to blag time on a lathe (my pal lost his when they moved), and potential clearance issue in the future.

Kind regards

Steve

#17 stevede

stevede

As seen on TV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

t@z Am I right in thinking that's a MED pulley & bracket you have?

#18 SolarB

SolarB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

These are exactly the tips that I need, thank you.

It's always nice to help someone and that's what this place is for. By the way, that's an exceptionally good colour you have for the Mini. :proud:

#19 mike174

mike174

BH2N Big Cheese

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

when i had megajolt i mounded the ecu in the glovebox, the coil pack on the inner wing and the edis on the bulkhead and it worked well. so wilson1330 on here makes coil pack brackets for the above the flywheel and megajolt looms.

Mike

#20 t@z

t@z

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: www.turbominis.co.uk

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

t@z Am I right in thinking that's a MED pulley & bracket you have?

you are correct sir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users