CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:52 AM

Not alot of people know this..... :fear:

I thought I would tell everyone about the Italian Job mini run.

http://www.italianjob.com/site.html

100 cars from the film, mainly minis, but last year they had a london cab, an aston martin and an italian police car!

This is a Charity event and involves a sponsored drive of 3000 miles around the Italian countryside, including a run round the Imola race track and a trip up on the Fiat factory roof!!!!!! (just like the film).

---------------------------

Info from the site:

What car can take part in The Italian Job?
- Any Mini or Mini-based car and any of the classic cars which featured in The Michael Caine film,

Can anybody participate in the event?
Yes provided the driver is a minimum of 21years old and the co-driver 19 years old. Both must have a valid driving licence and be willing to raise as much money as possible in aid of the supported Charities

Why is the Italian Job supporting NCH ?
Because, NCH runs over 480 projects throughout England, Scotland and Wales . Additionally NCH invest 90% of their proceeds into actual children Services and with added bonus of matching agreements with other sources they are able to convert every single Pound donated into FIVE Pounds.

It takes place each year, normally at the end of October spilling over into the first few days of November. Dates for 2004 are: October 28th to November 6th 2004

-----------------------

The run is completely booked this year but mabey you would like to do it next year?

And yes, I have been lucky enough to get a place and will be doing the run with my twin brother. :grin: :grin:

#2 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:02 AM

Nice 1 CB!!! congrats, bet you cant wait, im not yet old enufff :)

#3 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:08 AM

Cheers Brawlyrox!

Yup I cant wait, but will have to stop myself spending loads on the mini!!! New suspension, roll cage etc.

The run gets quite a bit of publicity so I could put the big miniforum sticker on the car for all to see?!?!

#4 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:24 AM

The run gets quite a bit of publicity so I could put the big miniforum sticker on the car for all to see?!?!

Somebody get this man a drink :tongue:

This run must cost some cash, do you have to organise all your own accomadation etc. also do they have service vehicles (just incase).

#5 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:34 AM

A pint yes please! or a sticker :grin:

It dosnt cost too much

How much it does cost ?
The Team Entry fee ( one car and 2 persons ) is ? 480,- and can be sponsored by a Company in exchange of advertising on your car. The hotel cost this year for the 8 nights is ? 385,- per person. We anticipate a 7% increase for 2003.These costs are inclusive of the ferry crossing, all costs relating to the reliability trial event, door logos, all meals, visits, assistance, service & taxes. You should also budget around ? 250,- for petrol and tolls - the hotel & meals costs from UK to Imola and? your spending money.

As for the service team:

We are not mechanically minded? is there any help?
A fully equipped service Van manned by experienced and knowledgeable crew of top notch vehicle technicians follow the event and keep the minis rolling. The service van is full to overflowing with spare parts and accessories. We do recommend that you take a few essential items with you - spare light bulbs etc.. as well as a few basic tools.

#6 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:37 AM

:grin: :grin: :grin:

#7 adam c

adam c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

COOL - I saw this run a few years back and think it would ba an amazing thing to do :grin:
One day in the future maybe the site could run a trip!!!

#8 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

make it 4 years time so that ill be old enough :tongue: :grin: :)

#9 Freda

Freda

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:49 PM

friends of mine are doing it this year - very jealous! But he's a mini guru so he'll be helping loads of people out if I know him...

#10 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:28 AM

Sadle they also allow bmw mini's on it :)

Siggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users