66 replies to this topic

#16 RustyFuknut

RustyFuknut

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

Am I the only one who things the mini is slow as hell? I have a 1.3i cooper. Do I just think its slow after comming off a bike?

Just seems some of these match-ups are a bit far fetched when the mini wins? were the other people pulling away from lights actually having a go?

Tom

#17 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

i managed to show up mrs B's brother he was in his S70 3L turbo volvo

lights went green i wized off leaving him to play with his traction control that only wanted him to pull off slowley :crazy:

and the best bit was the rest of mrs B's family were in the 2 cars behind so they saw it all :o

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:50 PM

Anyone see the Top Gear test of the FQ400, from 30mph in 4th gear, a rented salloon (can't remember what euro box it was) beat the Evo to 70, and in fact to the end of the runway, all because of the turbo lag on the Evo. Just becuase you can beat a car off the line doesn't mean its a slow car.

#19 Lund

Lund

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

:o Im going to have so much fun in my 850 :D Hmmm or not... engine size *cough* :D
Its goin to have an RC40 tho so neh! :crazy:

Lund

#20 Ethro

Ethro

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:47 PM

not exactly in the mini(cause im only 16) but i have my little 50cc *cough 82cc race tuned*, which beats most little 1.2-1.4's to 60 and quite alot from the lights but then i top at 70 :'(

but yeh, saxo VTR with his kappa slappa next to him, started to rev it up, looked at me with my L plates and bike(not a ped its more a bike) and i reved it and he laughed. Lights went green left him, he caught me, took me, and then about 30 seconds later, i was driving through thick black smoke and what looked like engine bits...

He blew his little VTR up, french cr*p

#21 wobblybob

wobblybob

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

Just seems some of these match-ups are a bit far fetched when the mini wins? were the other people pulling away from lights actually having a go?

Tom

i agree, i belive some of these but not that many, just because ur racin dont mean they r,

#22 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:59 PM

Had a Nova try and get away from me a few years back in my old Clubman! His Kappa Slappa girlfriend was egging him on with her arm hung out of the window. I stayed with him for a mile or so before I got bored so I put my foot down and passed the little sod on the outside of a 3 lane roundabout!! His Girlfriend gave him a clout on the head because he let me over take!!
:D :crazy: :o

Swindon Chavs you got to love them i expect she had prison tattoos up her arm and safety pins round her neck as well :D

I drive like a cnut everywhere, dont really care whos beside me at the lights as my cars for my own enjoyment not for beating saxo's with a 3 ton bodykit superglued on and 4 tons of ice is no compitition anyway wouldent be fair on the poor saxo's

i would say to anyone who thinks there cars faster than a chavs saxo or a posh :- ferrari take your car to usc in august because when the flag drops the bs stops

Edited for bad language, please keep it clean on the forum. Thank you.

Edited by jammy_basturd, 17 February 2006 - 06:09 PM.

#23 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:03 PM

I might go to this! I went to that the year before last. In amoungst all the chavtastic poo is some quite nice cars!

Will be hoping the mini beats the 13.2sec qtr the scooby did. To be honest I think it will........ :D :o :crazy:

#24 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:30 PM

yehn ade why dont you take you beast up there and show them how its done dude!!!!!!!

#25 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:38 PM

Well like I said I'm definatley planning to take it up there! A cheeky RWYB to get the feel of it before going to any larger events....... :o

#26 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

*cough 82cc race tuned*

Ey up! :o

Wonder how that would of done against my Old moped! I had a 50cc (ahem... 75cc) Speedfight. I cant believe I spent £1000 on getting that Engine tuned either! :D

Anyway, as for the minis racing street style. I dont do too well off the light to be honnest. I keep up, but cant own anybody yet as im running all 998 running gear on a 1275 Block.
BUT as soon as we come to a sharp corner, I can happily stay at my current speed throughout the corner.

As for the fiesta, Nova, Corsa... They get too much body roll and go wiiiide! :crazy:

Bye bye chavs.

#27 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:53 PM

ade you going this sunday at pod?

#28 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:24 PM

Not really had anyone try that with mine yet...... Hopefully my ickle 998 will show them the way though :crazy: :o

What about the ferrari on the M25?

#29 Ethro

Ethro

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Wonder how that would of done against my Old moped! I had a 50cc (ahem... 75cc) Speedfight. I cant believe I spent £1000 on getting that Engine tuned either! :crazy:

yeh, ive spent close to that :'(, sounds awesome tho :o sorry, bit o/t ill shut up

#30 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:26 PM

Not really had anyone try that with mine yet...... Hopefully my ickle 998 will show them the way though :D :o

What about the ferrari on the M25?

Story time!! :crazy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users