#1 norris2002

norris2002

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hi Everyone.

About a year ago I bought a clubman estate on an old V reg (1980?). In need of some work, but not beyond the realms of possibility. About 2 months after buying the clubby I also bought a house in need of some work, and this has taken up all of my spare time that I would like to have spent on the car!

I am now giving it to a family friend who will do all the necessary welding, and possibly spray it (depending on what I can afford/he quotes). What i want to know, is what might it be worth when it is finished?? I am not looking to sell it, but I want to know that if all goes wrong, will I recover all/any costs???

spec:

Austin Clubman Estate 1100
1980. Tahiti Blue.

intention is to restore to former glory. Only mods I am thinking about are to engine (new exhaust, stage 1 maybe, filters, etc.) and interior, as the original brown interior is not in great condition.

What might this be worth when bodywork is rust free and back to "original" condition.

Will having it resprayed to a different colour affect condition? How much should I expect to pay for a complete respray (including any filling and prep needed) ?

Below is a picture of a it as i picked it up.

Neil.

#2 norris2002

norris2002

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

looks like picture didnt load...

Posted Image
MR. W by norris2002, on Flickr

#3 norris2002

norris2002

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

looks like you cant edit previous posts on this forum.

FYI, it has done 37000 miles only. garaged for 10 years prior to me getting my hands on it. V5, but no service/mot history.

Neil.

#4 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

You'd probably be looking somewhere in the region of £3-4k once it's rust free and on the road. An exterior&door frame respray on a estate is going to set you back £1.5k+ depending on how straight it is.

Changing the colour wont really effect the value on a latter estate but if you do it you really need to have it sprayed inside and out.

#5 norris2002

norris2002

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hi Tupers.

Thanks for the info. I will be aiming for a fairly comprehensive restoration, but was not sure if changing some details would affect value (ie different colour, new/upgraded interior, engine upgrades (but still keeping it 1100).

Out of interest, what would a concours standard clubman estate be expected to fetch?

Neil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users