#1 GlynC

GlynC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

Evening all
Quick question, I have now moved on to the rear of the car and in anticipation of getting a "spit" sorted over the next week or so I have stripped out the backend. What a surprise the rust worm and the bodger have had a go! I have a couple of rust spots on each of the boot rear corners, not actually by the subframe mounts but close enough ! Also the valance whilst fitted recently needs to come off, still has the black "primer" and I doubt I can get the welds off it without damage. The closing panels need replacing, they seem to be patched up and botched from what I can see, before I remove all of the bodgers friend nice thick underseal! Luckily the floor section otherwise seems in good nick and just need a good rub down and clean up before painting etc.

So question is where is best best place to source the panels. So far I have used pattern parts for the front and had no major issues, (from Old skool minis Bham some were Magnum) but thought I would draw on others experiences on the rear repair sections. I have seen a number of threads saying pattern rear valances are to be avoided? Is this the case as the price difference on that particular part is quite an amount of cash from what I have seen searching around. I will only be using a section of the boot floor repair section (corner) but obviously the valance and the closing sections will be fully utilised.
Here's a quick shot of the n/s damage I think it's also a tad weak under the bracket which the tank strap bolts into as well but thats as far as the rust has got, as always where there a weld there's tin worm! :ohno:
Posted Image
Any pointers appreciated
Cheers
Glyn :D

#2 minimuk

minimuk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hi check out ; http://www.m-machine.co.uk/
very reasonable priced to and helpfull, if you are a TMF member you will get 10% discount to, if you down load their cataloge, it is still the old 2006 one so phone them for today's prices, they won.t be that much different though.

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users