3 replies to this topic

#1 m3ntalist

m3ntalist

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:56 PM

Hi I seem to have a problem where where the revs do not go down. This is most noticeable when I come to a stop and put the clutch down, and the revs seem to increase to 3000 rpm. It idles no lower than 1500 or so when it used to be 1000. I will now read through mini sprockets post(s) about spi system to find a solution. Bearing in mind this was first major run today under load after having a cam change

#2 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:55 PM

i take it you've allready checked that the release springs are working properlly, also check the chock cable isnt sticking.

look at the simple things first, before you have to start looking at your timing of the new cam and the ignition timing.

there could also be a possabilaty that the managemant system is saying it needs more fue so is doing it.

just a few things to have a look at

#3 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

No choke on an spi.

Check that the cable is not kinked or trapped anywhere. and has the throttle cable been indexed.

Check back at the topic I am doing later as I am currently on the write up for this peritular subject

#4 m3ntalist

m3ntalist

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:20 PM

No choke on an spi.

Check that the cable is not kinked or trapped anywhere. and has the throttle cable been indexed.

Check back at the topic I am doing later as I am currently on the write up for this peritular subject

Ok will do when I get in tomorrow night, my eyes hurt, been staring at this screen for hours, feels like ive been at work! It probably is something simple, other that that it was fine! Good power. WIll have to take the cat off though, im sure it sounds worse with it on (was on for MOT ;D)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users