3 replies to this topic

#1 Maxmini

Maxmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:50 PM

I am having a hard time removing a verto clutch from the engine.I am swapping the clutch over to a non verto item.I have removed the non verto clutch from my other old engine easily.I have tried hitting the puller centre nut and heating the centre boss but no joy does anyone have any tips thks. ;D

#2 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:02 AM

the only tips really are to make you've got the puller on square with the flywheel.
make sure you've took out the locating washer from behind the bolt.
keep winding the pressure on with a breaker bar, if possible leave it a while with the pressure on then keep going back and tightening it more. I've had one before that i gave up on, walked to the other side of the garage to smoke a fag and admit defeat when it went bang and threw itself off the crank and landed over a metre away from the engine.

#3 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

Or put the puller on and get a big drift and hammer, put the drift through the starter motor hole (after removing the starter of course), and hit it a few times, turn the engine 120 degrees, and repeat, turn 120 degrees and repeat, and keep going, everynow and again tighten the puller again...

Dave

#4 Maxmini

Maxmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for all your help, I will give it another try and I will leave the puller on. Hopefully it will come off. Next try might be a few sticks of dynamite lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users