Photo

Hi, You Could Appear On A New Tv Series!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Spud_133

Spud_133

mmm potato and cheese....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Local Club: C&T Classics

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Perhaps you could also make a tv series about the all Rover classic car banger race to take place in Sussex soon where over 100 classic Rover P4, P5, SD1, cars are due to be smashed up for public entertainment.

The rover meeting will be held at Ipswich not Eastbourne, you don't want to be misguiding potentional protestors do you?

#17 Thorpsta

Thorpsta

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Local Club: Kings Lynn Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

This is very bad news and will just create a further growth industry for more people to make cash stripping perfectly good classics down to their component parts to sell on ebay at high prices all over the world (Mini parts to Japan for instance)........some donor cars will also of course be stolen which will be even more profitable.

Perhaps you could also make a tv series about the all Rover classic car banger race to take place in Sussex soon where over 100 classic Rover P4, P5, SD1, cars are due to be smashed up for public entertainment.

The rover meeting will be held at Ipswich not Eastbourne, you don't want to be misguiding potentional protestors do you?

Yeah, It's in Ipswich, I'm going to watch it :3

What makes it worse, is i want to take part

Edited by Thorpsta, 29 February 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#18 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

I have to admit I really don't see any mileage in this at all. If a mk2 is too far gone to be restored then its pretty much useless.

All I can see this doing is upsetting a bunch of classic car fans who aren't gonna like seeing their beloved cars destroyed for entertainment, other companies have done similar and inccured backlash..

Top Gear - India Special
I'm a celebrity get me out of here
BMW - Using a mini to promote the scrappage scheme.

A quick look at the projects section in here will show the extent our members will go to to save even the most rusted example.

What other cars do you plan on using for this programme?

#19 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Topgear special really got me going! Such a beautiful example of a mini made a mockery of by a bunch of ignorant c :xxx: s who really don't know a great deal other than which car goes fastest in a straight line (bar may, he has some knowledge).

#20 hepple

hepple

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think AttaboyTV has been scared off now ;)

#21 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just making sure :D

#22 AttaboyTV

AttaboyTV
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi everyone, you all have valid comments, the show hasn't set out to offend anyone, the cars we will be buying are at the end of their lives (insurance write offs and so on, so in essence cars that are unable to be put back on the road) we will be recycling the parts to show how enthusiast like yourselves keep their pride and joys going. The MINI episode is set out to show MINI's off as the icon's they are and how even cars that look and are legally unable to be put back on the road can actually help keep other cars going.

The show isn't concentrating on the money side as much as you think, that’s only one side of it, and we will mainly be featuring various contributors with their minis and how they keep their cars going. The show is going down the recycling side of things. We have put a lot of enthusiast on all of the legalities of what we are doing. Criminals are all around us, my house got broken into in broad daylight, and they got in by smashing a double glazed window, so crime is out there, its down to the individual, there are still programmes showing guns, knives, murders and burglaries (there's no way to link anything) criminals will do whatever they want when they want no matter what, the Government, Scrap and car industry has done a lot to prevent illegal acts.

The on screen talents are all unknown.

mad01uk - I'm looking into this and will see if there's potential, but it’s down to the individual channel on what they commission.

Please feel free to contact me if you want your car to feature on the show.

#23 AttaboyTV

AttaboyTV
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Also as stated in my first post we won't scrap a good car.

(Plus just to point out this forum has a breaking page?)

#24 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

I did have a feeling you'd see the breaking page >_< to be honest if you can sell much off a no longer road worthy write off of a car then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I think it would upset people to see serviceable minis being shredded.

put that at the start and no one can moan.

#25 AttaboyTV

AttaboyTV
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

lol, we'll look into that.

One of the main stories I want to try and get is for someone to buy the shell (or what ever's salvagable) and feature them turning it into a race car or something, so really only the damaged areas will be scrapped (I should of made that a bit clearer in my first post).

#26 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,802 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

mab01uk - I'm looking into this and will see if there's potential, but it’s down to the individual channel on what they commission.

AttaboyTV - Thanks for explaining more about the planned show to us all. :thumbsup:

I suggested to David Vizard yesterday that he contacts you for a chat about his potential Mini documentary ideas but only had your phone details on here to pass on to him, he is currently in the USA so if he has not made contact already, pm me your email address and I will pass it on to him asap.

#27 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,414 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

That doesn't sound as worrying, I think we were all expecting a "Reverse Wheeler Dealer Synopsis" (I should work for the Pentagon >_< ). Even so if the core idea is to source a classic car and make money out of dismantling it I can't see any enthusiasts being that, erm, enthusiastic.

TMF is for Mini enthusiasts, so I'd hope any Minis that make it in to our breaking adverts weren't acquired to "asset strip" and have hopefully had a long, happy, life with the advertiser. Though we are aware some get broken as abandoned projects because it's easier and more profitable than selling them complete.

I'm sure none of us want to have to compete for our second-hand spares and restoration projects with a mob of "Del Boys" who think they are on to a "nice little earner". It'd be a disaster if parts got too pricey by artificially inflated demand to "sell on" rather than use; followed by a price crash because there were more chancers with spares than cars left to restore. Though, as has already been alluded to in this topic, Minis changed so little over their production, and there's still a wealth of new parts suppliers, that there really aren't many unique or desirable bits to salvage.

So if you'd like to placate the revolting masses of car enthusiasts (your target audience) make it clear that the jalopies you dismantle are categorised insurance write offs (Are there really enough to make a telly series with?). And here's an idea to float...

rather than compete on the money made from selling parts, let the winners be whoever has least left to weigh in as scrap metal.

You could even offer the parts for free if their fitting is filmed - more "DIY SOS" & "Changing Rooms" than "Bargain Hunt". Is Nick Knowles available? Don't think Lawrence could cope if he got oil on his crushed velvet.

#28 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

i would be interested in going on the show, and possbily buy the shell ;) im after my next project so might be just what im after!

#29 AttaboyTV

AttaboyTV
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

olds_kool_lews, thats fantastic news PM me your number to talk further.

#30 dieselfan

dieselfan
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Attaboy sold some of their parts from the Mini on the show on Ebay, they sold them very VERY cheap! go on ebay and type in the listing numbers below and see their completed auctions

251074906390 - Bmw Mini half leather seats

251074593794 - Bmw Mini parts job lot

They only sold a few days ago, damm cheap prices!!

S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users