18 replies to this topic

#16 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

When Ade got his fibre glass doors we roughly checked them against a stipped out steel door. Couldn't notice a great deal of difference and because of the bad fit of the fibre glass ones he opted to go with steel.

I did warn you about it.... :withstupid: , i spoke to you for a bit at Bingley Hall. Don't worry, as it looks like this at the moment...

It will probably be about 12 months from now till its done. And it isn't definitely going to be an R1. I might go for a Busa instead yet...

I remember now. The frame looks good. Makes me wonder if I could get z-cars to space frame mine :)

#17 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:41 PM

The only real upside is that they don't rot. I suppose they keep the road noise out a bit better too, but that depends on how well you can get them to seal. Oh, and you won't get car park dents in them.

#18 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:51 PM

thanks very much people. i was trying to lose weiight in the overall shell. dont want to end up making the car anymore dangerous than having an engine 18 inches way from my head!

#19 DANTOO

DANTOO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

I would say it would be ok to use them on the road... but I personally wouldnt untill you have a full roll cage with door bars and if it wasnt an everyday car... just a sunday car should be fine ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users