3 replies to this topic

#1 mini1976

mini1976

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

When reversing i have recently noticed that as i lift the clutch the is a knocking or grating sound. SOunds a bit like metal on metal or maybe the exhaust hitting the floor pan at the front. It also happens when after excelerating you lift off the power suddenly and the engine starts to slow the car down. I had a look at the engine steadies and changed one of the rubbers on the top steady and the others look ok but that doesnt seam to have solved the problem. I was wondering if it might be an engine or subframe mount. Is there any way to check them without removing them? Or does anyone else have any suggestions what it might be?

#2 mini1976

mini1976

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

Can anyone tell me how i can check the condition of my engine and subframe mounts? Do I have to remove them to check them?

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:55 AM

Simple, grab hold of the rocker cover and push and pull the engine, if it moves then the steadies are worn..

#4 mini1976

mini1976

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:59 AM

Yeah I have done that and it seams pritty solid so I was wondering if it could be the mounts rather than the steadys. Would it be realy obiouse if there was something wrong with the mounts If not how can I check them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users