52 replies to this topic

#1 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Right drove to college and left them to fix my leak on the front right flexi hose but then when i came back i saw this !!!

Can someone tell me how much it will cost to repair(estimate), college will be paying since they damaged it but im not sure to costs when it comes to bodywork.

also the tie rods have bent but i dont know if its the subframe crushed or if it landed on the bump plates.

any help will be much appreciated
will need new bonnet, grill, bumper, front , i dont know about wings but the arch was bent down right to the wheel but it might just need the bottom half of it
Attached File  CIMG0422.jpg   1.03MB   186 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0423.jpg   1.11MB   85 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0424.jpg   1011.77K   56 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0425.jpg   1.28MB   118 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0426.jpg   1011.08K   60 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0427.jpg   783.61K   58 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0428.jpg   897.63K   57 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0429.jpg   1018.86K   35 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0430.jpg   1.05MB   37 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0431.jpg   946.59K   108 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0432.jpg   1.02MB   98 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0434.jpg   1.05MB   101 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0435.jpg   929.98K   56 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0436.jpg   922.93K   33 downloadsAttached File  CIMG0437.jpg   1.02MB   142 downloads

#2 reallybig

reallybig

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

what the hell did they do to it

#3 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Geez, what did they do? drop it off a ramp or something? and sorry i dont have an estimate but that looks like it could be quite serious.

#4 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

cost up all of the parts you know are bent, and stick on 400 pound :) should cover bodywork and maybe some other un-found problems :P

#5 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

How did they manage that?

#6 gazza_sidewalk

gazza_sidewalk

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke mini club

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

wow that is bad, make sure they get you a genuine front end. Was there any damage to the subframe?

#7 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Good god! Has it been dropped?

That looks pretty serious :( Really sorry for you .

Al

#8 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

when they put it on the ramp they left it in gear, while one lad was in front of the car another went to start it to test the brake servo, unluckily i have fitted the battery from a range rover which will give high torque and it went straight over the bump stops and pinned the boy against the wall about 2.5 meters away.

i cant tell if the subframe was damaged because i dont know what it looked like before, but the tie rods are bent but the front has not bent that far back to the tie rod mounts so im unsure. so far the list of damaged panels are: Front panel thingy, front wings, bonnet, grille, bumper, bonnet catch member

#9 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

also if you look in picture 10 you can see the yellow bump stops which it somehow managed to get over at enough speed to clear the 1 gap around the bay

#10 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

when they put it on the ramp they left it in gear, while one lad was in front of the car another went to start it to test the brake servo, unluckily i have fitted the battery from a range rover which will give high torque and it went straight over the bump stops and pinned the boy against the wall about 2.5 meters away.

Sorry, trying not to laugh here, but that would have been hilarious to watch :P just a shame the mini got wounded. :(

#11 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

O_O speechless, is it powered by kyptonite?

Do you have to let the college repair it or can you sort it out independantly, sounds like a right can of worms, especially if there is subframe damage??

#12 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hope the lad is ok.

Did you check the rear mounts of the front subframe? Have they pushed the floor up?

Al

#13 Algordo1100

Algordo1100

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

i cant tell if the subframe was damaged because i dont know what it looked like before, but the tie rods are bent but the front has not bent that far back to the tie rod mounts so im unsure. so far the list of damaged panels are: Front panel thingy, front wings, bonnet, grille, bumper, bonnet catch member

The tie rods must have hit something. I don't think pushing the ends of them back (by bending the mounts or distorting the subframe) would bend them. They would just push the whole lot backwards like an adjustable tie bar does. Maybe they hit part of the ramp. I have bent a tie bar before by crashing into the end of a steel barrier where they slope to the ground.

Al

#14 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

no i haven't checked the rear subframe mounts, the lad was shook up and he was extremely luck as his left leg was less than an inch from the towing eye :unsure: the college have told me to get some valuations to get the work done and then they will have to sort it out with their insurance.

#15 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

The tie rods must have hit something. I don't think pushing the ends of them back (by bending the mounts or distorting the subframe) would bend them. They would just push the whole lot backwards like an adjustable tie bar does. Maybe they hit part of the ramp. I have bent a tie bar before by crashing into the end of a steel barrier where they slope to the ground.

Al

they are both bent the same amount so i thing they landed on the yellow bump stops in picture 10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users