#46 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

a mini starter would take it over them bumps if the engine fired on first strike believe me

#47 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

right just did a quick test, got the engine hot and then tried to start it with a quick press on the key, out of 4 tries it did actually ignite on the first go, i believe that the meter gap between the wheels and the bump stops would of been long enough to pick up enough speed to get over them but i dont think enough to carry on dragging the car on the stops, but you can never know with these thing but was shocked that it actually kicked into life on the first turn over :o

#48 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

right just did a quick test, got the engine hot and then tried to start it with a quick press on the key, out of 4 tries it did actually ignite on the first go, i believe that the meter gap between the wheels and the bump stops would of been long enough to pick up enough speed to get over them but i dont think enough to carry on dragging the car on the stops, but you can never know with these thing but was shocked that it actually kicked into life on the first turn over :o

That doesn't explain the odd shaped damage to the front though?

#49 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

i know :( but as ive been told by another member im not going to enquire any further and just let their insurance sort it out

#50 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

agree, make sure it is a bodyshop that you trust and let thier insurance book it in and deal with it. that way ifthey find extra bits bent, then they are sorting the extra bill out for you. be worth pushing for a car to drive whilst its off being repaired too

#51 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

got the quotes through today and both are about 1500 including the VAT and the chrome grille that they missed out

#52 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Seems about right for a decent job.

#53 holmesy

holmesy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

They are good, they did my friends 1930's Rolls Royce which was who recommended me to them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users